Treating a 10 Week Old Kitten With Fleas

I rescued my kitten at about 5 or 6 weeks old, he is now 10 or 11 weeks old, my question is can I put flea drops on him now, even though the drops say to do so at 12 weeks. I give him regular baths every week or 2, and by the time he is due for a bath he has a lot of fleas on him just in that amount of time. I also go through his fur almost daily and take off the fleas that I can see and kill them. I just don't like seeing him scratch, and the poor baby has little wounds crusted over from being bitten. Anyone have any advice? I am also aware of several of the home remedies such as apple cider vinegar, however I have had cats all through growing up and know sometimes flea drops are really what work best, so can I put the drops on him although he is only 10 or 11 weeks?

You can go to the vet and get medications like Advantage and Frontline. They can be used from 8 weeks.

I prefer to mix equal parts of white vinegar and water. Spay on the cat and comb with a flea comb. Afterwards, put the fleas off the comb in a bowl of straight vinegar. This works best for me and doesn't harm the animals.

Frontline has been my personal favourite. I get it from Petco

Try a flea collar. And, don't forget his bedding and such also has to be treated.

Capstar is the only flea medicine that can be safe for kittens this young but must weigh 2 pounds. Here are the instructions:

Capstar® is an oral tablet for dogs, puppies, cats and kittens 4 weeks of age and older and 2 pounds of body weight or greater.

Capstar can be purchased at most big box stores as well all Pet stores. There is also a generic version listed on Amazon and eBay but that would take several days shipping. Capstar capsule can be opened and put in soft food in case you have trouble giving them a pill.

Here is a web site with some suggestions for taking care of fleas. the second link is about Capstar.

http://www.petf  ine-for-kittens/

https://www.dru  pro/capstar.html

We got rid of my cats fleas by giving her vinegar baths. Just bathe her with vinegar instead of water.