Treating a 4 Week Old Kitten's Matted Eyes

One of my kitten's eyes are matted shut. I use a warm compress and get them open. I had used a Q-tip with just a touch of Vaseline and put around the eye so it wouldn't get sore, but it does mat again after a few hours when he sleeps. Is there anything I can do for him? I figure he's gotten a little cold in it. He is not sneezing.

By shirley from clayton, in

Answers

Kittens often get an infection in their eyes and unfortunately you need medicine to clear it up. It is also very contagious to the other kittens. If you have a relationship with a vet, they will often give you the meds without an office visit since it is so very common.

Answer

Kitten
Treating a Kitten with Eye Discharge
Pets CatsApril 14, 2013
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Faux Fur
Fixing Matted Faux Fur
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 9:05:11 PM on 10.0.0.16 in 272 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.