Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

How can I moisturize my newborn's dry skin on his face, neck, upper body, and arms?

By Fiesty1 from IL

Answers:

Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

Put baby oil from Dollar store or any store all over the baby, good luck. (07/26/2009)

By kffrmw88

Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

Some of what you may regard as dry skin is skin peeling off from having been in the amniotic fluid in the womb. It will wear off all by itself.

Test anything you put on a baby's skin in one spot, the size of dime before you put it all over body; also some of the stuff in dollar stores (where I also shop) is from foreign countries

who don't have as stringent a requirement for purity.
So for time being I wouldn't use anything from there on a new baby. My son had a very bad reaction to an imported
soap as an adult.

My grandson and his girl are expecting in next couple of weeks and I am just going to get Johnson and Johnson's basic baby products until they see how baby reacts; I haven't heard complaints about their basic oil or castile soap, which is made from olive oil. (07/26/2009)

By PIKKA

Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

Try extra virgin organic coconut oil, it's natural, no chemicals, unlike the Johnson's products and baby oil. Plus, it will last a long time, nice scent, too. (07/26/2009)

By Wendopolis

Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

If you bathe baby too frequently it will dry their skin out. Newborns don't have to be bathed as often, but when you do bathe baby, right after the bath is the best time to apply lotion. I would maybe go with Johnson and Johnson's creamy baby oil. I used this for my son's eczema when he was an infant. (07/28/2009)

By minnabird

Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

Extra virgin olive oil will do it. It has been used in our family for years. (07/29/2009)

By nana_katie

Treating a Baby's Dry Skin

Olive or coconut oil is what I would use. Those are what I use for my own skin. Lotions have chemicals, even those lotions meant for babies. If it contains chemicals, it has the potential to harm baby, and certainly to make the problem worse. (08/11/2009)

By janisemom