Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin

Category Cats
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
If your cat has a swollen chin, it may be time for trip to the Vet. This is a guide about treating a cat's swollen chin.

My cat's chin is swollen. It would come and go for a week or two, but now it's getting worse. It has affected her meowing. She only squeaks. When my daughter gave her to me, she didn't have this problem. She said her vet told her that Paige suffers from anxiety and allergies. She also has fur loss at the tail base and some of the back. Due to fleas. This has been taken care of and is getting better! What could be wrong? She still has an appetite and plays with my new kitten, Midas. She can still purr. Please help!

It is clear that your cat has an infection and it is getting worse as she can't even meow. Please take her immediately to your vet as she needs prescription medicine to improve. If you delay, the infection will only become worse and will cost even more.

This may be unrelated to the symptoms the vet saw earlier. In other words, it could be a new symptom. Since you don't know, a new diagnosis will no doubt solve the mystery.

It looks like a bacterial infection to me. If the infection goes systemic your cat is in grave danger. You need to see a Vet immediately.