Treatment for Thinning Hair

I am 50 years old and used to have very thick hair. I've been coloring my hair for years, and in my late 40's it began seriously thinning out. I wonder if there's anything out there, preferably natural that will stimulate my hair follicles. I know Rogaine for women is out there, but I'd really prefer natural products.

By Kathrene from NJ

Answers:

Treatment for Thinning Hair

I have read that putting coffee on thin hair will help it, as the caffeine is stimulating, couldn't hurt. (09/25/2010)

By pamphyila

Treatment for Thinning Hair

Coloring your hair shouldn't cause it, since half the women in the US color their hair. Do you take calcium? Too much calcium can cause hair thinning. (09/28/2010)

By Lilac

Treatment for Thinning Hair

I don't think it is coloring your hair that is causing this. I suspect it could be hormonal changes or nutrition. Perhaps you could do some research on this on the internet on women's health sites. I don't think there is anything you can put on the hair to improve it. I believe there may be some sort of laser treatment that is available. I saw something on the TV, but I have no firsthand experience. (09/29/2010)

By louel53

Treatment for Thinning Hair

www.hsn.com; go to beauty and to Michael di Cesare products. He has thickening products available as well as a product that does stimulate hair growth. All of his products that I have used are fantastic. Sign up to get an email when he is on; and watch him. Some of his products are not listed on www.hsn.com and go quickly when he is on; if not happy with the product you can return it in 30 days for a full refund.

I have not tried the thickening products, I have tried other of his products and the LiquiFix Mousse I keep on hand all the time! I am very pleased with his products. (10/06/2010)

By MzScarlett

Treatment for Thinning Hair

Steep some fresh rosemary in boiling water and let cool. Strain and use the liquid to rinse your hair after you shampoo - I have seen this work with an elderly lady I knew, the results were amazing! Good luck. (10/23/2010)

By merry50

Treatment for Thinning Hair
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄