Tree Sap on My Windshield

I am looking for something to take off tree sap that has dripped on my car's windshield. I have tried everything.

April from MO

Answers:

Tree Sap on My Windshield

We have had this trouble with our vehicles (three) which we park beneath some pine trees. They all get pine sap on them. Some spots had been dried and sat all summer. Just today my husband took some plain rubbing alcohol and poured it generously on paper towels, then he rubbed. Lots of rubbing while the alcohol penetrates the spots. Several came off right away and some it took several applications. Next he washed the cars. They are shiny clean with no spots. And it is cheap. A large bottle of alcohol costs less than a dollar, He used about a quarter of the bottle on all the spots. (09/02/2006)

By Ella

Tree Sap on My Windshield

Have you tried WD40? I works on spruce sap. (09/03/2006)

By Sally

Tree Sap on My Windshield

Try nail polish remover first, acetone. If that doesn't work, use paint thinner or turpentine if you have some. Use cotton balls to reduce dripping. Place on spot, wait, then scrape it off gently with a plastic putty knife, and have some paper towels on hand because you don't know what that will do to your car's paint. I can't imagine why those solvents would damage your windshield, because it's glass. If you're against using the chemicals, try white vinegar, ya never know.

Then cover your windshield with something, a tarp, or get out from under them trees!

Good luck.
(09/03/2006)

By sylviecyn

Tree Sap on My Windshield

A dude that owned a paint and body shop told me that the best thing to remove tree sap from vehicles was "ice water". It is free and won't hurt if don't work, Try it? (09/03/2006)

By Sandy

Tree Sap on My Windshield

Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar. Spray the glass until it runs. Let it sit a minute and wash with hot soapy water or do this at a car wash and wash off with the sprayer. (09/06/2006)

By Carla

Tree Sap on My Windshield

If it's just on the windshield use one of those razor blade scrapers that uses the single sided blades. Don't try to use it on your paint!

(09/06/2006)

By Susan

Tree Sap on My Windshield

WD-40 is safe on glass and paint. (10/02/2006)

By Barbie

Tree Sap on My Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🎄
🍂