Tree Sap on a Dog

How do you get tree sap off your dog?

Irma

Answers:

Tree Sap on a Dog

Hey, great idea! It worked right away. Poor Lab got sap on paws, near ear, and on top of head and this worked right away. Thanks so much. I like earth friendly product ideas instead of all those nasty chemicals. We had to take down 6 black hills spruce pines and it is gonna be a summer of sap, so this is a blessing! (05/05/2008)

By Pammy

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

Thanks for the info, it really works. My dog KC loves peanut butter. KC said, "YUM". (06/11/2008)

By Jo

Tree Sap on a Dog

Thanks for the butter idea. The sap came off his paws so great and he loved licking it off. My dog buddy boy is so much happier that it finally came off! (06/20/2008)

By sylvia

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

I have a Labradoodle and she had sap all over her paws, her toes were actually stuck together. I tried the butter thing and worked right away. Thank you! (06/28/2008)

By Brian

Tree Sap on a Dog

Thanks so much. I didn't think Tila would ever be sap free! (07/03/2008)

By LP

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

The creamy Skippy also works on my wife's hair (we're mammals too, you know!). I had to talk her into trying it, but now we're sold. And it's planet friendly. :-) (07/07/2008)

By Erik

Tree Sap on a Dog

My dog Cheyenne had stepped in a big pile of sap/pitch and it covered her whole left back foot. I read on here where butter would help. I tried a stick of butter and it was working but not as quickly as I would have liked. I then tried olive oil and I rubbed it in her paw between the pads and it literally melted away. She had a tiny stick and rocks embedded in between her toes. Poor girl. Make sure when you do this it is either in a bathtub or outside. Also another helpful hint would be to wash the area off with Dawn liquid dish soap. It will take away the oily greasy mess. :o) Thanks again for the butter tip! (07/12/2008)

By Barbie

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

Wow, you are amazing. I was on a trip with my humans and I went for a little break at a rest stop. When I was licking my paw a little more than usual they found the sticky tar between my toes, it was a mess. They were very lucky to find this site because the butter did as you all said; it melted the sticky sap away. They also gave me a spoon of peanut butter to keep me happy. You are life (or should I say paw) savers!

Signed, One Happy Puppy (07/19/2008)

By Symba

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

Country Crock margarine; nope. Real butter; yay, a sap free pug! (07/28/2008)

Tree Sap on a Dog

Yea, it works! Buster must have laid down on a pine cone or something, but he had sap in his groin area. A little dab of butter and it's all gone. I guess peanut butter would work the same? (08/27/2008)

By Louise

Tree Sap on a Dog

My 5 month old Maddy had what I believe to be sap on her neck. All the things I tried just left her running from me, cooking oil didn't cut it either but helped and made it less. The butter acted like water just washing it away. Thanks so much, I thought she was doomed as the sap was close to the skin and didn't want to leave her looking horrible by having to cut it out. Maddy says thank you! (09/21/2008)

By Chrissie

Tree Sap on a Dog

I play in the woods of my human's house and we walk trails. I come in with sap patches almost everyday. They tried the butter on it while I was sleeping and it worked great! Now they won't make such a big deal when I run into the woods and lay under the trees. Thanks so much.

Lambert (4 month dobie mix.) (09/28/2008)

By Lambert

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

I just tried the butter and it worked great! I am always skeptical of things I read on the web, but this tip was incredible! (10/01/2008)

By Rachel

Tree Sap on a Dog

Wow, peanut butter works really good on dogs! Thank you! (10/18/2008)

By Damian

Tree Sap on a Dog

Butter worked like a champ! The sap was off the dog in no time and he never moved while getting cleaned off. (10/27/2008)

By chris

Tree Sap on a Dog

Thanks so much my Papillion and Pit like to play under the pine trees, and they always get so much sap on them! I found that the cheaper and oilier the peanut butter the better. Olive oil worked best on my Pap's ear area though :) Thanks so much for giving the info! (11/06/2008)

By Shawna

RE: Tree Sap on a Dog

Tree Sap on a Dog

My 3 1/2 month old English Bulldog had it all over his back end. A little baby oil, rub it for a few minutes, and then gave him a bath. Tree sap is gone! Whoo Hoo! (01/12/2009)

By Dodger

Woman giving a white dog a bath
Cleaning Tree Sap on a Dog
Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tree Sap From Laminate Flooring
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🎄