Tree Sap on a Dog

How do you get sap off a dog?

By knr98 from il

Tree Sap on a Dog

I had the same problem, but was worried what to put on my dog. I didn't want him to have any reactions to any chemicals so I talked to our vet and he said to use a product called Goo Gone. It has a citrus scent and can be used to remove just about anything that is sticky. I think you can get this in the hardware dept of Walmart. You might also can find it at certain Dollar Stores. The Web Site for this is: Hope this helps and good luck! (08/13/2009)

By ScGamecockCrew

Tree Sap on a Dog

WD-40 works fine. It is based on fish oil and won't hurt the dog at all. So does OFF mosquito spray. Because sap spots on calloused hands cause nasty blisters if you use an axe or chainsaw all day, (not from the sap itself, but because of the extra traction of those spots). I used to carry either WD-40 or OFF when I worked as a logger.

It also gets sap clumps off dog's fur and keeps it from matting. Just squirt some on, let it soak for a few minutes, then wipe it off with a rag or paper towel.

Have FUN!

Editor's Note WD-40 is not made from fish oil and may not be safe for your dog to ingest. Read more here: (08/13/2009)

By DearWebby

Woman giving a white dog a bath
Cleaning Tree Sap on a Dog
Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tree Sap From Laminate Flooring
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber