Trim Your Own Hair Between Haircuts

Even if you are too chicken to try to cut your own hair, you might start by TRIMMING it. I just took the sharpest scissors I have to the front bottom ends of my hair framing my face, which had gotten a little scraggly. A little clip on my freshly washed and dried hair on the ends and suddenly my hair looked much better! And it will get me through until my next haircut. Just make sure your cuts are straight. If that scares you, twist the ends and clip them off that way. Twisting is supposed to work for trimming bangs, too.

Source: My experience and inspiration from a long-ago fashion magazine article.

By pamphyila from L.A.

Answers:

Trim Your Own Hair Between Haircuts

I do the twisting technique for trimming the bangs. Keeps the side hair a tad longer and the ones in the middle shorter. Looks nice. If you are unsure, hold the bangs, twist tightly and just trim off 1/4 inch from the bottom, making sure your scissors don't end up in a non- horizontal position. I've noticed that when I get to the hair at the pointed tip, I tend to tilt the scissors upwards. So now I take extra care to keep the scissors level. (05/27/2008)

By cookwie

Trim Your Own Hair Between Haircuts

Purchase a hair cutting scissor. They really do a better job. Certain hair styles allow for trimming, some don't. I am able to keep my bangs trimmed so that I need less hair cuts.
(05/27/2008)

By Har'iet

Trim Your Own Hair Between Haircuts

I keep my hair fairly long, so I just have to part it straight down the back, comb it forward, and trim at the appropriate rib! Haven't had a professional cut in years.

(05/27/2008)

By londa

Scissors cutting a lock of dark hair.
Cutting Your Own Hair at Home
Saving Money on Haircuts, Haircut
Saving Money on Haircuts
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄