Troubleshooting Problems With AOL Email

Not all email programs work without any issues. Sometimes we may need help. This is a guide about troubleshooting problems with AOL email.

February 14, 2008 Flag

When I send a picture in an email it automatically stores it to (aol) my shoebox. How do I delete unwanted pictures from the shoebox?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't have AOL Shoebox so I can't test it out but from a search it says:

You cannot delete the entire Shoebox but you can delete the pictures that are stored there.

When you go to the http://pictures.aol.com/ and site and click on the Shoebox Album you will see a delete button with a trash can icon on it and the label delete. If you select some or all of the pictures in this album you can click this button to delete them.

SOURCE (comment from The Mail Team):

http://journals  ure-now-what/173

Sounds like you have to sign out and then sign back in to see that the pics have been deleted.

Good Luck!

That was what I was looking for.

Thank you so much! This helped me delete my pix!

pictures.aol.com

There is no trash can icon or delete button so how did you delete these pictures?

I is so great. I am looking for it. Thank everybody very much!

March 27, 2009 Flag

How do I find and access a cd to download onto it? I right clicked and saved photos from my email yesterday. Now they are missing. They should be in AOL saved pictures, in the Shoebox I believe. Are they lost now? How do I get into the Shoebox?

Karen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Depends on what kind of operating system you have, and type of program installed on your computer. I have Windows Vista, but on most computers and systems, there should be a "START" somewhere on the lower edge of your screen. Click on that and select "SEARCH". When the search screen opens, there will be a blank white bar at the top. Type in the words "Photo Gallery". Lower on that screen it should show a list of your photos that you've saved. If it doesn't, then clear the search bar and type in "shoebox". Then, double click on the photo you want to view or print or send. I also have aol, but I'm not familiar with "shoebox" because the Windows Vista is what determines where my photos go. And they go into Windows Photo Gallery.

Another thought...if these were photos sent to you via email and you saved them, they should be in AOL Saved mail or My Saved Mail in your AOL mailbox listings.

Anyway. I hope this helps some. Good luck.

Pat T in Nevada

Windows often saves images files (ending in, for example, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and so on.) in the My Pictures (under My Documents ) folder.

If they are not there, then right-click on Start. Select Search... and type in *.jpg.

When it has given a list of found files, if the images you want are listed, right-click on one of them, and select Open folder location (or something similar).

Sorry I don't know much about AOL (other than hearing lots of complaints) but in the future why don't you simply right click on them and save to a special folder on your personal hard drive under Documents or Pictures rather than as AOL saved pictures ??? If AOL won't let you do this then it's time to graduate to a better email program ...

For now, if you remember the titles of these pictures, you can do a general 'search' (go to start and look for 'search') and you'll at least be able to find the folder where they might be stored like alloydog mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Sigh! I have lost photo's too. I don't think it is AOL or anything else for that matter. This is what I do when I lose a photo. First I try again to download the pic, to see what file and where is chosen (default). But before you click the ok button, LOOK to see where you have chosen to file it. A lot of times my d has used the download before me and she has chosen her file and then if I don't pay attention and change the file for me, the pics will always go into hers.

September 12, 2010 Flag

My daughter forgot her email account for aol.com. Can we do anything for figure it out?

By Bob

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Contact AOL customer service.

If it is her email address that she has forgotten, could you contact a friend who she emailed, and get them to tell you what it is? If it is the password, there should be someplace to "click", and AOL should send the password or ask you questions that you set up, or send you info to re-set the password. If this account is old and inactive, just set up a new one. I prefer Hotmail, but Yahoo and Gmail are also well recommended.

September 13, 2011 Flag

I am trying to read email on my AOL account. When I click the email to delete, it deletes two lines instead of one. Is there a setting I can change to stop this?

By packlestax

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Computers TroubleshootingOctober 14, 2014
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Photo of a person clicking on their inbox.
Organizing Your Email
Friendly Man With Email
Email Etiquette
Yahoo Mail
Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 8:22:10 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.