Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail

If your email account is not working properly, it can interrupt your communications. There can be problems with signing in and loading the email program or even having your account discontinued. This is a guide about problems with Yahoo mail.

November 24, 2012 Flag

I logged into Yahoo mail to change my password. I've had the same password for the longest so I don't know if it's something I've done, but now I'm unable to read my mail. The message said I'd be locked out for 12 hours, but I tried again and still was not able to long in. It said I would receive a new password at the alternate email address I gave them, but that address is no longer valid. Have you been locked out and how long did it take you to log back in?

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can try contacting Yahoo and ask for assistance. They might give you access if you can provide the old alternate email address. All you can do is ask.

If and when you do get into your account you should have another account on another free site like Mail.com or Hotmail and duplicate your address book. Best of luck.

Although not an expert, if it's anything like being locked out of a computer itself it could take about 24 hours. Usually for computers and internet systems, you are only allowed a certain number of tries a day (usually three).

Do you happen to remember if you combined accounts, or connected your locked out account to your cell phone (so you can get a text regarding a newly issued password)?

I researched "email yahoo customer service" for you and got this information:

- The phone number for Yahoo Customer Care is: 1-866-562-7219 (be sure to wear ear plugs for the Yaaaahoooooooo singing part!)

I read to press the number 2 when recording asks for your selection to speak to a live person-don't know if that is works)

- Here is the link to LiveChat with a Yahoo Customer Service Agent (although they might be busy) http://help.yah  forms_index.html

- I read that Yahoo Customer Care email is: cc-advoc@yahoo-inc.com (don't know if accurate but it's worth a try)

-According to a (more reliable source and a website I personally love for getting an actually human from a company) http://gethuman.com/ says that the email for yahoo is:

messenger-9@cc.yahoo-inc.com

- http://www.emai  il_phone_support (this website is NOT yahoo affilitated as far as I can tell and might be a service charged assistance, but the number they provide is toll-free and you could call to ask for advice even if you are not needing their service none-the-less.

Whatever you choose, try to write down all the information you knew about your locked out account and anything related to it that might be relevant, including:

- Your Log In Name

- Your Password

- Your Date of Birth, Location, etc

- Your secondary email that's connected to Yahoo (the one that's

NOT locked out)

- Your phone number (if previously given)

- etc

Hope this helps & Good Luck

Katrina

Hello again :)

I happened upon this website:

http://www.ipiu  upport-Live-Chat!

And it has a variety of yahoo help information but I'll just post here what you need...

"Call 866-562-7219 and choose the option for Password Challenges. A live operator should answer to ask you for identity." ( I called and the number is good and I believe it is option number 4).

Hope this helps!

Katrina

October 30, 2013 Flag

I am having problems with Yahoo, it is running very, very slowly. Sometimes I get an error message, "Firefox can't find server @ my.yahoo.com". Sometimes I can't read mail and when I do I sometimes cannot delete it without exiting out of Firefox and going back to Yahoo. I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials and it hasn't found any viruses. Course that's not to say I don't have one. I tried going back to Yahoo classic mail thinking maybe that would solve my problem, but I wasn't able to go back to classic.

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Put these two things on your computer: avast.com use the free version, http://www.avast.com/en-us/index. Then put on your computer malwarebytes.com if you don't already have it.

Before you run malwarebytes for the first time, make sure you go thru the settings and check them mark for actions. I have run this before and forgot to check items for action, and then had to go back and fix the settings and run it again. This is also free...http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also I hate the new mail also. Some people like google mail better. I am sticking with the yahoo mail but I hate the new version let alone the changes yahoo has made to the groups settings.

if you are going to download another antivirus like avast, you must disable or uninstall MSE because its not a good idea to run two antivirus at the same time. you don't have to disable MSE if you are going to use malwarebytes since this will only run a scan when YOU want it. I usually use malwarebytes once a week and have MSE on all the time. I also run spybot every now and again to pick up anything the others didn't get. this can also be downloaded and used whenever you wish without disabling MSE. hope this helps.

November 2, 2011 Flag

My Yahoo mail account is not opening. I have been using it for the past many years, but from last two months I did not open it and now I am unable to access it. My ID and password are not working. Please help.

By Muhammad

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I tried logging in to one of my yahoo email accounts for work yesterday and the same thing happened to me :/ I ha

You really need to contact Yahoo support. They will work with you on this, they know their system better than most people.

My late husband & I had e-mail addresses that we only used for US. I tried to open mine a few months after he passed & could not do it. I had opened it many times but all of a sudden, nope. They had deleted it saying that I had not opened it for 3 months which was not true. Lost all of his e-mails.

January 20, 2010 Flag

I received a message that my email address was going to be discontinued in 7 to 10 days. What do I do so that that doesn't happen? I have all my business contacts through my Yahoo account. Please help.

Alf

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm wondering if this is a scam of some sort to get your personal information. Don't give any personal information in response. I would go to the yahoo site and contact them and ask whats up with your account.

Ignore the message. It is a hoax. I know. I responded to a similar one regarding my hotmail account and my account was hacked into. I lost all of my information.

April 12, 2012 Flag

I can't get email from Yahoo site. It says the pixels are the wrong size. What do I do?

By TayaSuzanne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call the company that provides your internet service; they should be able to help you.

November 10, 2014 Flag

About 2 months back I went to my messenger and it didn't click on like it usually does. I entered the domain name and the password and it refused it. I went into "Yahoo the wider one" and it refuses me too. I'm just stuck here trying to find out what needs repairing. Please help me.

By Ted

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 20, 2010 Flag

I cannot open my yahoo mail. It says, "There was a problem accessing your account, try again." I tried but no results.

Vicky from New Delhi, India

Answers:

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Hi, Vicky. The first thing I would suggest is that you check your "Caps Lock" key. Some login screens are case-sensitive, that is, they recognize the difference between the lower-case a and upper case A. If that isn't the problem, search for the "Help" link, which should be there. The people at the Help Desk are there for just that reason; to help people who are having trouble accessing their Yahoo mail.

Hope I've been of some help. Best to you! (01/08/2009)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 6, 2009 Flag

Can anyone help me get my email from Yahoo? I can get everything else but not my yahoo mail and have tried several times. It says I have over 39 messages on there and I would like to see what they are. Any ideas on what to do?

marie

Editor's Note: We are not affiliated with Yahoo. Follow this link directly to the Yahoo Mail help section. If your answer is not there, I would contact Yahoo directly.

Answers:

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I had this problem because my computer had a bad virus. I ended up going to the library to use their computers to pick up my email. You can get a free virus scanner by going to the Grisoft website and downloading the AVG free virus scanner. Good luck. (06/21/2005)

By Kathy

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Don't know if you tried this. Clear your history and cookies files by opening your internet explorer program, Click on Tools, Options, Click on Delete cookies, click on delete files, click on delete history. Click on OK, then close and reopen Internet explorer.

Christy (06/21/2005)

By creaky

Problems With Yahoo Mail

If you are talking about the last 2 weeks, I also had the same problem with yahoo. Mine seems to be working fine now though. I could not get into my Bulk mail at all. I tried contacting Yahoo numerous times and although I got responses, it seemed as if they didn't read my email at all. It eventually fixed itself though. (06/22/2005)

By Rachel

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I have the same problem - not able to get into my mail. I, however, have found a way to get to my mail. First go to My Yahoo (I had set it up already). Then you click on mail preview. Then, just click on one of the messages, that it shows you have, and then it will take you to the log in page and viola' you have your mailbox. I sure don't know why we can't log on like we used to. (06/23/2005)

By systyl

RE: Problems With Yahoo Mail

Problems With Yahoo Mail

The problem is on BT/Yahoo side. It seems they have upgraded their encryption security but have problems with the certificate (which get's checked when you log in). As a result it may ask you to accept the invalid certificate - even if you do, it tries a redirect which fails. (07/23/2006)

By David

Problems With Yahoo Mail

On the Yahoo help site someone said they are doing some updates/maintenance and you should be able to access your mail within two days. Apparently Yahoo didn't expect any problems but many users are encountering this same issue. Also, the Yahoo help number is worthless. (03/11/2007)

By Buzz

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I've been having problems for over a month now with my yahoo accounts (all of them). One day I can log in and the next day I can't. It's a terrible inconvenience. I just said forget it and got a new e-mail service provider. And if I can EVER log back into yahoo again I'll just tell everyone to update my new e-mail info. I'd strongly recommend you all do the same, because this is just ridiculous. I've sent e-mails to "customer service," which is ALMOST as useless as trying to get help over the phone. Good luck to you guys. I'm done with that site.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) We can invite anyone for a Gmail account. Gmail has a lot of good features and is very reliable. Just use the contact us form and will send you an invitation. (08/22/2007)

By stephen

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I've had similar issues logging onto Yahoo! mail. I've noticed comments here suggest there could be problems with personal computers. While true, I've had issues with Yahoo! Mail from multiple computers over the course of about three months. I suggest everyone switch to another provider. I went to Gmail and it's great. (09/07/2007)

By Brady

Problems With Yahoo Mail

If you have another email account and can get into your Yahoo account settings, you may be able to forward all your mail to the other account. This might only work for the new mail. I did this when I switched over to Gmail. By the way, I love Gmail too. I don't think that you even have to be invited anymore to join but I have certainly noticed a lot less spam with them than Yahoo.

Good luck!

Jess (09/07/2007)

By jess_admin

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Same here, but I can access my yahoo email through my mobile email. (01/03/2008)

By Mike

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I've been having the same problems since I switched to an updated version of Yahoo mail. I don't think the updated version is compatible with my computer, but I can't figure out how to get back to the yahoo mail classic version, I can't click on it in the new version. (02/08/2008)

By Natalie

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I cannot get my email, it says " invalid password ". My password has not changed in 4 years. (03/26/2008)

By wblanchard

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Can anyone help me? I have had yahoo email for years but I moved and had to set up a new computer so it sent me a disc and I have to use a different yahoo mail and password. I can sign into my email through someone else' s computer but not mine.

Thank you, Tracey (04/09/2008)

By tracey

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Yahoo mail is not accessible from any internet source (explorer, firefox, netscape). I can log in but not retrieve my mail. (04/14/2008)

By Chris

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I cannot open or move my mail that was sent to my trash file mistakenly. What is wrong? (06/17/2008)

By Pat

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Same problem with my account. Have been using it for the past 10 years. Now this problem is frustrating. It's not even accepting the security question to change my password. What's wrong with yahoo mail? I have noticed this problem for a few months. Anybody have an answer? Why is yahoo not working? Please help. (08/20/2008)

By Raghu_19

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I have had problems for weeks. The auto correction feature will not function on yahoo/verizon accounts. Verizon says it is a yahoo problem -- yahoo says they will get to it some day. Impact is you have to do an address look up in order to send an email - yahoo service is very very poor--time to find another service. (09/26/2008)

By ray

Cannot access yahoo.anything

Cannot sign on to yahoo mail. Cannot even bring up the opening page. Same is true for yahoo.com, or yahoo dot anything. Everything else, for example 3 other e-mail accounts, including Google's gmail, are easily accessible and functioning. Firewall adjustments futile.

I have had yahoo mail for several years, but am moving to the best - mozilla's thunderbird. One remaining major problem - the 150+ e-mails sitting on yahoo - several of which contain the phone number and e-mail messages of a certain young lady I am to see tomorrow night. I cannot contact her. HELP!

(10/09/2008)

By sulivn at the yah who place dot com

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Definitely issues with yahoo & microsoft sites (ie zune.net). It's interesting that yahoo mail and live (hotmail) are FUBAR for the last few days as I can tell but GMAIL has no problems. I think something is up, a lot bigger than just those two sites. I haven't seen odd ball behavior like this since the NIMDA worm or code red. We'll see, but yes yahoo is hosed. Hopefully not for much longer. (10/10/2008)

By evonbart

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Hi guys. From what I understood, the best way to deal with this is to go back to the classic view, this solves many of the Yahoo! mail problems.

This is how it's done - http://www.fixya.com/support/t1044499-yahoo_mail_problems#SameProblemContinued
Have a good day, Dave. (10/19/2008)

By Dave

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I send a newsletter to our women's club and some of the recipients cannot open their e-mail. We need to use e-mail since postage is quite expensive. What is the problem since most of the members can open their email and others cannot?
(10/21/2008)

By DANIELE R

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I am not able to receive mail from qzamanq AT yahoo.com. All other e-mail is ok. (11/07/2008)

By tanzina

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I have had trouble with Yahoo e-mail on and off for several weeks now. Yesterday, it would let me look at the sent folder and the trash folder but when I try to open the 33 e-mails in my account, I get an error page that says I am not connected to the internet. I can access my bellsouth.net account and go anywhere else on the net. What's going on with Yahoo? (11/18/2008)

By Dixie Girl

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Anyone ever manage to get help from yahoo? Unable to open my account since July. Seriously, I need some of those emails! If anyone can help, guess you have to use my new email address: jes2sanders AT gmail.com. (11/22/2008)

Problems With Yahoo Mail

Maybe the FCC got after them about all the spammers. (11/28/2008)

By nibbles.mcgee

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I need help with my yahoo mail, I receive mail with attachment but I can't open the file, but when I send to hotmail I can open. So can somebody tell me what the problem is with yahoo, and how I can fix it? (11/30/2008)

By Jose R.

Problems With Yahoo Mail

I am not able to receive e-mails from wife (katiemlibby at yahoo.com) to rlibby7271 AT yahoo.com She is usually able to forward info that was sent to her, from another party. I am able to send to her.

(b)Editor's Note(/b) We are not Yahoo, I would contact them directly regarding this problem. They should be able to sort it out. (12/05/2008)

By Robert L.

Problems With Yahoo Mail

She may be blocking your email unintentionally... Yahoo has a "Spam" or "Junk" folder. Check that folder for her email and if her emails are in there, you should open the emails and "mark AS NOT JUNK." After you do that, you should receive her emails with no problems. Good luck! (12/05/2008)

By dawnrager

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Computers Internet TipsJuly 31, 2014
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Water Heater
Troubleshooting a Water Heater
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 11:22:35 AM on 10.0.1.203 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.