Truck Only Blows Cold Air

My truck heater will only blow cold air. Why?

By Martin S from Reno, NV

Bad Control Module, $5 - part; $100/hour for repair ande there is no guarantee that it will do it again. My solution: I have a 1998 Ford Ranger Truck that the Heater Module Switch went bad. A/C works fine but it doesn't do much good as a defroster. The 12 volt Defroster that are sold are about 12 Watts and don't do anything, don't waste your money.

What I did was buy a 400/800 Peak Watt Inverter (Harbor Freight), an extension cord and a 200 Watt Lashko Heater (War-Mart), total cost $60. Hook Inverter cables to battery posts, secure Inverter with zip ties away from engine heat, zip tie extension cord so it doesn't get caught in moving parts, run cord into cab is easiest and hook up Heater. I place the heater on the dash on a rubber mat so it doesn't slide (Velcro will work too) and turn on the heater and use the blower on low to distribute the heat. It dried up the moisture and defrosted my windshield just fine. My girl friend placed it on the floor boards and heated up the cab in no time. It was made to handle a office cubicle so a truck cab is no problem. There is no tip over switch on the heater so care must be used. It's only 200 Watts and the Inverter handled it with no problem. When I shut down, I shut off the Inverter so it doesn't drain my battery. Only problem it scrambles the AM radio signals but not FM, I can live with that when its freezing C-O-L-D. You get instant heat without having to wait for engine to warm up.

on heat in my 2009 ford ranger 4c

On a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 the heater blows out cold air works on all three speeds I did notice that the heater core 22 hoses going into it are both cold I flush the heater core out it is running good.