Tuna Casserole

A good meal, that will be ready in less than a hour.

Ingredients

• 1 small can of tuna fish
  • 1 10 3/4 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • Ad
  • 1/2 soup can of milk
  • 1 small package of egg noodles
  • grated cheese (optional)
  • diced onions (optional)

Directions

Cook the noodles as directed on package, drain. In a 2 quart casserole dish mix (onions) soup, milk and tuna fish, add noodles and stir until noodles are well coated. Top with grated cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes. This can also be microwaved for 10 minutes. I have used canned chicken and cream of celery soup for a change. This will feed a family of 4.

By Craftingblues from Lewistown, MT

Answers:

Tuna Casserole

Just wondering how you can say it will feed a family of 4 when it has very little protein and lots of carbs after being split 4 ways. What else would you feed your family to go along with this casserole to fill them up and keep them from being hungry 2 hours later? (08/08/2006)

By cookwie

Tuna Casserole

Actually, I've been making this recipe (almost exactly the same. I leave out the diced onions and use elbow macaroni instead of egg noodles.) for years. In fact, we made it for supper tonight for the family (three adults, one child) and it filled us up very well. None of us got hungry afterwards, though I did make peas to go with it. We even have some left over for lunch tomorrow. It's quite filling and even my picky 10 year old likes it. (08/08/2006)

By TxSavr

Tuna Casserole

This recipe does sound yummy. I have filed it. Would make it with noodles that have some whole grain.
Would probably serve it with a plain veg on the side, whole grain rolls as DH loves his bread, and salad with added protein.

A salad dressing can have protein if you take cottage cheese and liquify it in the blender. At first it seems as though nothing is going to happen, and then it works. Add spices, a little oil and you now have a higher protein salad dressing.

A composed casserole doesn't need a fussy side dish, so the veg might be steamed broccoli (a strong flavor to stand up to the casserole) or green beans (a weak flavor that wouldn't stand out at all).

Dessert could be a couple of pieces of sliced apple or orange per person. Even a few blueberries if in season.

A small serving of carb at the end of the meal helps to retain the fullness and signals the brain to stop eating. (08/09/2006)

By cookwie

Tuna Casserole

I also add greenpepper. (08/09/2006)

By Willem

Tuna Casserole Recipes
Tuna Casserole Recipes
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Tuna Wrap
Tuna Wrap Recipes
Tuna Tetrazzini
Tuna Tetrazzini Recipes
creamy tuna casserole
Creamy Tuna Casserole
🎉
🎄