AdviceGardening

Turkey Baster To Transfer Garden Chemicals

Vote for this contest contender!

I have a half acre field joining my property. I hope over the years to turn it into a respectable flower garden. Now you know why I am so keen on rooting plants. I could never buy enough to fill this half acre.

While I don't like using chemicals, I've found it necessary when working with such a large area. Things I use to buy in pints for use around the house, I now buy in gallons.

Lifting these gallon jugs and measuring out a tablespoon of liquid can be a challenge. So, I transfer some to a quart container, first. Even that can be messy with these potent chemicals.

I bought a turkey baster bulb from Dollar Tree and use it to transfer the liquid from the gallon jug to the quart container. Actually, it works quite well. Pouring out a tablespoon from the quart container is so easy.

I doubt most of you will be using enough lawn chemicals to warrant buying a turkey baster bulb. I bet though, you could come up with some ideas for using one to transfer other liquids.

I'm thinking..

I did give some thought to this as I liked your idea but remembered that I had used my baster to fill cup cake pans and then my son said he uses one to change/replace/remove brake fluid and transmission fluid.

I decided to check the Internet and of course, there are a lot more uses listed (but most I will never use).