Turn Leftover Bread Into Croutons

Throwing out the crusts of bread is a waste, but when they are the last to get eaten, sometimes they end up with mold and out they go.

Instead of waiting for them to get eaten, I've been taking the crusts of bread and laying them on a cookie sheet. I then spread either butter or olive oil on them, then sprinkle with garlic powder, cut them into squares, and spread them out on the cookie sheet. I put them in the oven for about thirty minutes, turning them over once or twice, and then when they are cooled, I put them in baggies. Homemade croutons for salads and soups! No waste, just taste!

By Patricia from Maple Falls, WA

Croutons on a Wooden Spoon
Homemade Croutons Recipes
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread