Two Easy Candy Cane Crafts
Candy canes are such a huge part of Christmas. We use them to talk about Jesus, as stocking stuffers, on greeting cards, and in our hot cocoa! They are definitely one of the easiest candies to find and give during the holiday season. So of course children will be making a lot of candy cane crafts in school and Bible study too! I found two different ways to make this sugary treat that are very simple, even for toddlers. You will only need a few items to create the most adorable candy canes.
Total Time: 20 minutes, including drying time
Yield: 2+ (1 of each different kind)
- 1.5 sheets of white construction paper
- 1 sheet of green construction paper
- 1/2 a sheet of red construction paper
- bingo dot markers (red, green, yellow, blue, purple, orange, pink)
- circle stencil (2-3 inches in diameter)
- pencil (optional)
- glue stick or two-sided tape
- Your child will make the candy cane with bingo markers on white construction paper. If you feel they might need help creating the cane shape, use a pencil to draw it for them on the paper first. It only has to be a general outline that they can follow.
- Using bingo markers, your child can place dots along the outline your drew with a pencil or make the shape themselves. They can alternate as many colors as they choose. Be careful not to press too hard with the markers, or the dots will run. If you find that your dots have a puddle, use Kleenex to blot. Sometimes this will save the dots from mixing together.
- For the second type of candy cane, you will need at least 5 red and 4 white circles. You can trace or draw your 2-3 inch circles on red and white construction paper. Cut them out.
- Have your child glue each circle along the outline you drew or make the shape themselves. They can alternate as many colors as they want to. Have them overlap the circles slightly, like the flavors are melding together. I used green for the background, but you can use any color!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide