Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Ulcers on Gums After Teeth Extractions

Category Home Remedies

What can I do about problems with ulcers on my gums? I cannot wear my dentures because of the ulcers. I have been back several times to my dentist and he puts some kind of solution on the ulcers, but they still hurt all the time.

By Steve L.

Best Answer

I read somewhere that you can put dentures in the freezer. Then that will soothe the irritation on your gums when you put them in.

Best Answer

Try oragel. Also open up a vitamin E capsule [the gel kind]and dab vitamin E oil on ulcers to help heal them.

Start drinking rooibos tea. It comes in 24 teabags to a package and is found in specialty tea section. Celestial seasonings and Tetly make this non-caffeinated tea. It comes in vanilla, pear and pomegranate flavors.

Cathy from MA

Hello i have just had 27 teeth including 1 wisdom tooth removed at once on 4/29/16. They put my dentures in immediately and it was pretty sore no matter what i did. But last week i went bavk to the place that made the dentures and the put a soft liner in and the difference is amazing! Top fits with pefext suction no adhesive. Bottom stays in well with minor irritation towards the end of the day. Get it! So worth it. Also ask your dentist if you could get some magic mouth wash, its a mix of lidocain and temporarily numbs so you can let them set in the morning. Hope this helps

Anonymous

Steve... I just had 21 teeth removed. Immediate denture, and I did get a couple ulcers, I rinsed with salt water several times a day and gently buffed down the area where the denture was rubbing. A little, then wait a day and repeat. I also used oracle and took ibuprofen for inflammation.

I got my lower dentures over two weeks ago.. I finally got rid of the many ulcers.. My gums are still so painful when I have my bottoms in.. I'm suffering all day every day.. I've done the raw salt ,salt and water, largely, antibiotic gel... Nothing is working for the pain.. I cannot eat with them in.. It's embarrassing to be out and have to run to the ladies to remove my teeth.. But how else can I eat? Any suggestions PLEASE....

I haven't teied it yet but I read thete are some gum pain meds out there. (Orajel)