Unclogging a Bathroom Drain

How do I unclog a bathroom drain?

Kathy from Fort Myers, FL

Answers:

Unclogging Stubborn Bathroom Drain

FYI

thriftyfun.com (09/15/2008)

By MCW

Unclogging Stubborn Bathroom Drain

Try pouring 1/4 cup of baking soda down the drain, then quickly pour 1 cup of vinegar and close the drain as fast as you can. Let sit for about ten minutes and flush with hot water. Sometimes bathroom sinks get plugged with hair that is just below the drain, you can't see it in the pipes. Try using a piece of wire to poke in the drain and pull up any hair that might be there.
Good luck. (09/16/2008)

By PICO

Unclogging Stubborn Bathroom Drain

Maybe try using a drain snake.
Good luck. (09/19/2008)

By sewingseeker

Unclogging Bathroom Drain

I read an article in Readers Digest last week about a family who wants to stop spending so much money. He said he went to thriftyfun.com and was told to pour Dawn dishwashing liquid into the drain followed by a lot of boiling water. He said it worked like a charm. Good luck.

Editor's Note: I talked to the author on the phone and told him that had worked for me declogging a kitchen drain. It has been very effective in unclogging toilets, but I've found it does work for other drains as well.

If the drain is clogged with hair however, the hair should be removed with a hook on a coat hanger first, for bath and bathroom sink drains. (10/01/2008)

By Sherryann

Unclogging Bathroom Drain

I have lived in this apartment for 4 years, and always had a slow drain. The other night the handle thing that lowers and brings the drain up, stopped working. The maintenance man said that is what made it drain so slow. It works fine now, since he replaced the drain plug. (10/02/2008)

By jwrh626

Unclogging a Bathroom Drain
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
🎄