Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

How to unclog bathroom sink drain, would bleach help? Water just takes too long to drain. I just hope it wont need to be taken apart. if so, maybe a little help there too.

Thanks,
Dave from Galloway, OH

Answers:

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

I purchase a gallon of vinegar from the grocery store and pour it down and sink and let it sit. It works for toilets too.

Debbi (03/07/2007)

By

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

This method always works for me. Start with pouring at least half a box of baking soda into the drain and then proceed to pour an equal amount of vinegar (apple cider works best) down the drain on top of the baking soda. This produces a very fun (kind of like a volcano) action that seems to work at dissolving the scum in the drain. Wait about 15-20 to allow the mixture to really work and then pour very hot water down the drain. I very seldom have to repeat this process a second time and I do this about every three-four months and it seems to keep my drain running smoothly and also smelling nice. (03/07/2007)

By celticwench

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

Believe it or not, use Nair (the leg hair remover) to unclog the drain. Think about it, it dissolves the hair on your legs, right? Just put a bottle of it down your drain, let it sit for about half an hour, then put hot water down the drain, it will clean it out and keep working on the "gunk" further down the line as it continues to move down the pipes. DO NOT USE THIS ON SEPTIC TANKS! (03/07/2007)

By grammaoftwo

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

Most likely the clog is hair and other gunk that has collected on the pivot rod that connects to the drain plug. What has to be done is look under the sink unscrew the pivot nut,pull out the pivot rod then lift out the drain plug.Clean the drain plug and the pivot rod and reassemble.Takes only a few minutes.I do it when ever the water starts to fill up in the sink with the drain plug open. (03/07/2007)

By foxrun41

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

My nephew, who is a plumber, told me to pour bleach down the drain at least once a week. (03/08/2007)

By pam from bellwood, il

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

I haven't used any products for years. Instead, I bought a plunger with a short handle, which I labeled 'sink'. When the drain starts to slow, I just use the plunger. You'll need someone to plug the side holes with a towel. Keep one hand free to keep the sink closer open, plunge with your other hand and it'll work. I spent money, used the vinegar and baking soda, but buying this cheap plunger worked the best and it's still going strong! There's another post going around with clogged toilets and a lot of the replies are to use dish washing detergent. If you do a search, maybe you'll find a good response! (03/08/2007)

By mikki

Unclogging a Bathroom Sink Drain

I bought an enzyme drain cleaner from the home improvement store. It is safe for septic tanks and old pipes. You just mix a cap full of the stuff with warm water, pour down the drain and let it sit over night. I like using this because it's natural - little bacteria are "activated" and "eat" the gunk in the pipes. Also, this way if you do end up having to take apart the trap, you won't have to deal with harsh chemicals. (03/08/2007)

By Colleen

Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain, Pulling Hair From Clogged Drain
Clearing a Clogged Bathroom Sink
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄