Unclogging a Garbage Disposal

My garbage disposal is clogged. What should I do?

By Tanya from Flint, MI

Answers:

Unclogging a Garbage Disposal

We called a plumber when it happened to us, and he showed us a little notch on the bottom of the unit under the sink. An Allen wrench fits into it and then you just turn it to loosen the clog. There is also a reset button on the bottom we had to push after unclogging. Hope this helps. (10/18/2009)

By suzanne831

Unclogging a Garbage Disposal

My husband had tried to plunge, it didn't work. Baking soda and vinegar, then hot water. Plunged a few times and it drained out. Saved the expense of the plumber coming out. (10/22/2009)

By tromano

Unclogging a Garbage Disposal

I tried 3 cans of Pepsi and the plunger; it worked perfectly. Thanks for the insight, who would've known? (11/03/2009)

By jcaliber31

kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
🎄
🍂