Unclogging a Shower Drain

How can I unplug a shower drain cheaply?

By harrywulf from Antioch, CA

Answers:

Unclogging a Shower Drain

There is a acid that you can get from the hardware store. Please do not let it touch your skin, it will seriously hurt you. It is on the drain cleaner isle. I believe it costs $6-7.00. Follow the instructions fully. You have to let it sit for 5-10 minutes.

Hope that this helps. Crystal (09/01/2009)

By CBLAISDELL

Unclogging a Shower Drain

Take the drain strainer off and use a hook fashioned from a coat hanger or wire to reach down in and drag out all the hair and gunk, then put the strainer back on.
Bobdog (09/01/2009)

By bobdog

Unclogging a Shower Drain

This is a cheap and natural way to unclog a drain. Pour a half cup of baking soda down the drain, then follow with a half cup of white vinegar. Cover the drain and let this sit for several minutes. Then pour a cup of boiling hot water down the drain. This should clear the clog. Flush the drain again for a minute or two to ensure it's clear. (09/03/2009)

By michokie36

Unclogging a Shower Drain

My dad suggested I use a plunger (like the kind you use for the toilet). It took me a while and I had to really get aggressive with the plunges, but it eventually freed it up. Good luck. (09/22/2009)

By khilde80