Unclogging a Toilet

How do I unplug a toilet?

By IVM from Laredo, TX

Answers:

Unclogging a Toilet

I've helped do this before - my husband dips water out of the toilet, brings in a water hose from outside, presses the end of the water hose in as far as he can and he would yell for me to turn on the water from the faucet outside. It usually flushes it right out. This will work also for the kitchen and bathroom sink. (06/17/2009)

By notwrong

Unclogging a Toilet

Brandon's suggestion of dish washing liquid with hot water is right on the money. First time I tried it (found it on this website) after 3 days of clogged toilet and 5 minutes short of calling the plumber, it worked. I really was surprised. (06/18/2009)

By mike_urciolo

Unclogging a Toilet

You guys rock! I had a toilet clogged for (I don't even want to tell you how many) days. After days of plunging with no success, I was ready to throw in the towel and call a plumber. Then I found your site! 4 oz of joy and 32 oz of near-boiling water went in - I waited 15 minutes or so, then plunged. Swish! :) (06/22/2009)

By DLE13

Unclogging a Toilet

Bless you all! We have a showing for the condo we're trying to sell in two hours and the dish soap worked like magic. Unbelievable! Thank you. I only had Dawn and 1/3 cup and it still worked. (07/17/2009)

By mmandms

Unclogging a Toilet

(Submitted via email)

Another toilet unclogged with the dish washing liquid/hot water combo. It took three pots of water over an hour or so, but it saved me $35.00 for an auger and/or much more for a plumber. In this economy, your advice and the person responsible for the original post gets mucho kudos from our household.

Note: Buy the best plunger available; it made a difference.

Gary R. (08/05/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Unclogging a Toilet
Unclogging a Toilet
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Toddler looking in open toilet
Plastic Ball Stuck in Toilet
Snaking a toilet
Products for Unclogging a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄