Unclogging a Toilet

How can I unclog a toilet?

By Steve-O from Manhattan, KS

Answers:

Unclogging a Toilet

Try 1/2 cup of baking soda followed by 1/2 cup of vinegar. It will bubble up and should clear the clog. Flush and if slow, add again. (10/01/2010)

By berksgal

Unclogging a Toilet

Yay! I'm not a domestic goddess by any means but didn't want to pay a plunger either. Looked up "unclogging a toilet" online, found this helpful info and the dish soap/boiling water/plunger solution did the trick!

The issue started on Tuesday, used a plunger a thousand times and it didn't work. Noticed that after awhile though, the water would go down slowly. Saturday, I read these posts, put dish washing soap (about 3/4 cup) into the toilet, waited 15 minutes, then put a pot of boiling water in the toilet till it was near the top of the toilet, waited 15 minutes, noticed that the water went down a little bit, tried to flush the toilet, the water rose to the top, stuck the plunger in and plunged once and everything went down. Then I flushed the toilet again and it worked like normal.

Thank you internet domestic geniuses! (10/02/2010)

By mdsandiego2010

Unclogging a Toilet

The best tool is the 6' auger sold at Home Depot, about $20 red handle, stick it in the toilet and turn the handle like a crank, removes any clog in the toilet, better than a plunger because there is no back splash, clean and easy, no mess, every homeowner should have one. It cleans your toilet out all the way to the 3" drain below. (10/20/2010)

By Neil Graham

Unclogging a Toilet

I don't know who came up with this, but this worked like a charm. I've been working on a clogged toilet for 4 days to no avail. But I only put the dish liquid with lukewarm water, and alas it worked, so thanks. (11/07/2010)

By ripman867

Unclogging a Toilet
Unclogging a Toilet
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Toddler looking in open toilet
Plastic Ball Stuck in Toilet
Snaking a toilet
Products for Unclogging a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄