Unclogging a Toilet

How can I find ideas to unclog a toilet?

Jennifer from Rockmart, GA

Answers:

Unclogging a Toilet

Unclogging a toilet can be a stressful situation, especially if you are a guest at someones house and a plunger is nowhere to be found. It happened to me, I flushed the stool again and used the bristle brush cleaner and put it in the stool and forced it in the hole when the water was running in the stool. It has worked more than once for me. (12/11/2008)

By frostbite

Unclogging a Toilet

I have to say I was hesitant that this was going to work. I added the dish soap and then some hot water. No change except for soapy bubbles. I then added about 5 more pots of water and some more soap. Within 10 minutes the toilet was unclogged! Thanks for the remedy. (12/19/2008)

By Jen

Unclogging a Toilet

Like many other people, I was rather skeptical about how this would work. My toilet would already fill to the point of almost overflowing when trying to flush it as it was (though it would burp its way back down to below normal water level in half an hour to an hour).

Considering this problem cropped up late in the evening, there was no way I was going to get help. Luckily, this site exists and now I can have my toilet back after only two rounds of this soap and hot water treatment! (12/19/2008)

By Kiks

Unclogging a Toilet

Feeling a fantastic way to unclog a toilet that actually works and is cheap, and I mean dirt cheap. My toilet has been clogged since this afternoon. I tried baking soda with vinegar to see if that worked with some hot water, and nothing. But after reading this post and another with the soap and (hot) water solution, it worked like a charm. Thank you so much to the person who suggested this and to the internet. (12/20/2008)

Unclogging a Toilet

This method is the best! I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to have found this.

I clogged my friend's house toilet tonight, good thing it's the downstairs one that they don't use during the night, and I've been up since like midnight till now (4AM) trying to unclog the stupid thing. They had a plunger, but I couldn't access it since it was in her parent's bathroom. So I put on some latex gloves and tried to unclog it. When that didn't work, I tried the wire hanger trick, and again, no luck.

I was getting so frustrated and was about to give up until I found this site. I was really skeptical about it at first, but since it's 4 in the morning I was willing to try ANYTHING.

I found the biggest cooking pot they had and filled it completely up with water and let it boil. Then I took their dish washing soap (it was the Joy one) and squeezed a good amount into the toilet. After the water was pretty hot, I poured it in. At first it didn't do anything, so I boiled another pot of water. After I poured the second pot in, I went to go put something away in the garage. When I came back, the clog was gone! I couldn't believe it. It was gone in like 2 minutes. Right after, I flushed the toilet, and to my relief, I heard the gurgling UNCLOGGED noise :D I'm so happy. EVERYONE should give this method a try! (12/22/2008)

By YESS!

Unclogging a Toilet

Stopped up no more! Took 2 tries with the soap and boiling water, but success at long last. Granted I had to plunge a few times but this worked. Thanks a million! (12/25/2008)

Unclogging a Toilet

New apartment, old toilet, big poos = bad news. Six clogs in three weeks and I'm afraid to make it at home. Clogged the toilet on Christmas day and tried the soap, hot water and plunger. It worked perfectly! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this trick! (12/26/2008)

By Piper

Unclogging a Toilet

The detergent and soap technique works like a charm. It saves hours and hours of plunging, which mostly leads to nothing except for a bad back. (12/28/2008)

Unclogging a Toilet

We had a guest during Christmas and she had something stuck in the toilet. My wife tried to unclog the toilet for the whole day and didn't succeed. I checked this website and tried the soap and boiling water to unplug my toilet and it worked. It worked like a charm. Thank you very much. I was just going to call my wife to tell her my success. (12/29/2008)

By Tom T.

Unclogging a Toilet
Unclogging a Toilet
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Toddler looking in open toilet
Plastic Ball Stuck in Toilet
Snaking a toilet
Products for Unclogging a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄