Underarm Stains on Shirts

I have a problem with the underarms of my shirts. I buy reasonably expensive shirts for work but they are ruined after a period of time by the build-up under the arm pits. I am not particularly sweaty and there is no smell, but there is an awful stain left after a few months. Its usually hard and dried in.

I've tried washing with Vanish and soap to remove it or stop it from building up but nothing seems to work. I have to throw the shirts away before they wear out. I have used various deodorants, aerosol and roll-ons, but it makes no difference. Please help!

By ianp44 from Worthing, West Sussex

Answers:

Underarm Stains on Shirts

Are you wearing undershirts with short sleeves? They will provide a layer between you and the shirt, and hopefully decrease the staining. How often are you laundering? You might need to do so more often, even though the shirts are not dirty. Good luck! (03/31/2009)

By Jilson

Underarm Stains on Shirts

You might try a prewash stain treatment like Shout. You can also make a paste of OxyClean and rub it into the stained area. I put a scoop of OxyClean in every wash and fill my fabric softener cup with vinegar and turn out very clean wash. You need to rub something into the stain before washing. (03/31/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Underarm Stains on Shirts

I would change my brand of deodorant immediately and use a spray can type to see if the sediment is from the deodorant. (04/03/2009)

By mklema92658

Underarm Stains on Shirts

How about using a layer of powder to form a barrier, or removable underarm pads (they hook to your bra), or a t-shirt under your blouse? When you remove your shirt, it might help to let it air (not crumble up with the other dirty clothes).
Pretreat before you wash. How about stronger deodorant? (04/09/2009)

By mulberry204

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
Flannel Shirts
Uses for Old Flannel Shirts
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎉
🎄