Underarm Stains on T-shirts

How do you remove yellow underarm stains on white tee shirts?

Colleen from Mercerville, NJ

Answers:

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

I would be hesitant about soaking cotton in bleach overnight. Chemical reactions increase with time, temp, and concentration. The stain might disappear as does the material - I've done it.

On the positive side, the resultant undershirt armpit hole provided more ventilation and hence less sweating.
I haven't found a solution but have heard of the asprin trick. (05/08/2007)

By SomeGuyInMichigan

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

After all the reading, there is still no answer as to how you get the brown stains out of the t-shirts (06/07/2007)

By Donna

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

Soak items for 1-2 days with dissolved powdered aspirin. (5 tablets per liter of water). (06/28/2007)

By somegirl

Arg, I hate those!

I get white stains on all my shirts (I only wear black ones) and it looks awful. I have to regularly toss shirts (about 4 a year), and at 100 USD a shirt, that gets quite expensive with time!
Would love some feedback on how to avoid this problem.

Cheers

(09/06/2007)

By Tiddi

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

What's a mineral crystal. Is it a brand? (03/14/2008)

By

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

My husband also has stains under the arms of his white cotton t shirts. I've been having good luck using Spray N Wash on the stains every time I wash them. I use it every time I wash them, however. Good Luck! (03/14/2008)

By metroplex

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

I still have not found the answer on how to remove the stain, new or set in. However to prevent the stains on new shirts dry try switching from a deodorant to an anti-perspirant. Deodorants only masks underarm odor, anti-perspirant prevents sweating, thereby preventing those ugly stains. The odor from our arm pits is caused by bacteria so to kill the bacteria, apply white vinegar to your arm pits, let dry then use your anti-perspirant. This solution has helped my son for many years I hope it does the same for you. (03/28/2008)

By kiki@home

Underarm Stains on T-shirts

I have had very good luck with Oxyclean. I soak the shirts in hot water and Oxyclean overnight and then wash in hot water. Check the stain before you put in the dryer, you may have to soak it overnight again to completely remove the stain (06/06/2008)

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Silk Blouse
Removing Underarm Stains From Silk
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎄
🍂