AfghansCrochet

Unique Ripple Stitch Crochet Afghan

The powers that be and I conferred and decided that this project would need some time to finish before the holidays. So, this is a "prelude" to the finished afghan. If you wanted to make this for someone, you would need more time than I do right now so this is "before" and I will post the "after" when it's done.

Total Time: about 45-60 minutes

Yield: 1 row

1. Cast on and chain 11. Turn, making 10 single crochets across. Chain 1, turn and continue this pattern till you have 30.
  2. This will give you each wider row.
  3. When you are done with row 30 of this strip, chain 1 and make 9 singles across the edge. That will give you the 10 base row for the next part of the ripple.
  4. My grandmother taught me this stitch and said "the point is your mountain, the bottom is your valley".
  5. Now make enough for 6 mountains and you will have about a 5' strip.
  6. If you want a "divider strip" that allows you to sew each color with the same as that smaller strip, do the same, but with just 6 to begin with and 4 across for 5, making the same 30 rows and the same number of mountain peaks.
  7. This means that you will sew the first wider strip to the divider strip, then the divider strip to the second wider strip using one color. In this case white.
  8. Your color choices are all your own. If you choose a smaller or larger hook of course, the size will change.
  9. I will most likely have this done in about a month, but wanted you to have time should you want to make one.
  10. N-JOY!!

NOTE! I forgot to instruct you on the strip part after the initial 30 rows. I am so sorry.

You only make 20 rows after your have made the first 30. This gives you a total of 30 as the first 10 and the 20 make it 30. I woke up at 3am this morning wondering if I had told you all that so now I can sleep tonight!!

PBP