Updating My Kitchen Cabinets

I need to update my kitchen and I do not want to replace the appliances. I currently have the old 70s dark walnut cabinets and doors have been painted white. The floor is white and I just removed all the wallpaper so the walls need painted. What should I do with the cabinet doors? What is a good color to paint the walls? Thanks for all your help.

By tracyonthelake from Big Lake, AK

Updating My Kitchen Cabinets

I would go with white. You can always hang up decorations to make your walls look festive.

As for the kitchen cabinets: you could update them by getting thin plywood made to measure, and then glue it on, carefully. Then you can do anything you want to the cabinets, paint them, or decoupage them (love that technique on serving trays, too). Just cover the paper up with three coats of varnish and you are good to go. (07/05/2009)

By Syl_ver

Updating My Kitchen Cabinets
Updating Your Kitchen Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 1:47:13 AM on in 977 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.