Urine Stains on a Mattress

I have a month old human pee stain on my fairly new mattress. I was able to get most of it out with hydrogen peroxide mixture, but there is a big ring now and the stain has gotten bigger. Can anyone help me as to what else I can do to get the ring out?

By Mac68 from Hartford, CT

Urine Stains on a Mattress

Try using hydrogen peroxide full strength. It's worth a try and it won't hurt the mattress. Be sure to put it on the stain only. Leave it until it stops foaming. (04/03/2009)

By msettamae2

Urine Stains on a Mattress

I tried the peroxide, baking soda and dish soap concoction. It worked pretty well but Resolve worked a lot better. I had a large urine stain on a mattress that had set for awhile. I tried both solutions, one at each end and ended up using Resolve for the entire stain. Still in the process of getting it out but it's made a huge difference thus far. (04/04/2009)

By bluesmusic17

Urine Stains on a Mattress

I hate urine, I can smell it a million miles away even if it is only a drop. I have 2 kids; one has accidents on a regular basis and one on rare occasions.

My daughter is the one that never has an accident; I only had a little mattress pad on her bed for that reason. This obviously did not keep everything off her pillow top mattress.

If you don't have one, purchase a Little Green (about $75 at Wal-Mart); you don't need the fancy one. Mine paid for itself in the first use. I used my little green and diluted bleach water. Let the bleach solution soak for a minute or two and then vacuum up - I repeated this process a few times. I then went back over it with just plain hot water to get out any remaining bleach. Now the stains are gone, urine out and no smell!

And no, I am not a Bissel rep, it is just one of the few things in this world that stands up to it's ads :-D (08/14/2009)

By Shirthead

RE: Urine Stains on a Mattress

Up close photo of a pillow top mattress.
Cleaning Urine Stains from a Mattresses
Cleaning a Mattress
Cleaning a Mattress
Remove Urine Odors from a Mattress
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout