Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

This tip is so easy, maybe everyone already does it. Don't worry about buying chip and bag clips, use clothes pins! I use clothes pins to seal any bag I need to, from pasta and rice to chips and such. Much cheaper, they don't take up much room, and so handy to use!

By Kim from Crawford, CO

Answers:

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Here's another idea for closing bags. It depends on the material whether it works or not (plastic, cellophane, paper, etc.). I've found it works more often than not and 'won't need to use a clip at all' :-)

I tried writing out an easily understandable explanation but wasn't doing well at it so decided to see if there was a post anywhere on a google search showing how to do it and, yep, there's a visual on YouTube :-) Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KncC7We4Q

Happy Bag Closing Testing ;-)

(08/29/2008)

By Deeli

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Right before school started, several teens stopped by the house on a scavenger hunt. They needed a clothespin but had no idea what a clothespin was. Made me feel old, old, old :) (08/29/2008)

By Carolyn

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I use clothes pins also for keeping the cello bag inside the cereal box from spilling out as I store my cereal box on the side and those flaps on top aren't too reliable. What did we do before clip clothes pins?? haha(b)(/b) (08/30/2008)

By macou33

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I don't use clothes pins because the opposite end sticking up there is always getting knocked around. Instead I bought a couple of boxes of these black paper clip things. They come in a range of sizes. I use them for clipping my bags shut. I keep a bucket of them handy because I use them for so many things. Including clipping back the curtains when I put a fan in the window. I couldn't list all the things I use them for. (05/12/2009)

By Cricketnc

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I use the metal binder clips you get at office stores. They have different sizes and are very sturdy, unlike the plastic ones! (05/12/2009)

By Catzmama

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I now use rubber bands that I buy from the dollar store in large packages of assorted sizes, colors and strengths. I like them better than the clothes pins and package clips that I was using, as they make for a more compact and easier to store package. Also easier for grandchildren's fingers to close with rubber bands. (05/12/2009)

By Kathryen

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

We've been doing this for years now. We also use rubber bands to keep chips and such closed. My kids used to call them "snack straps" and thought it was funny that someone was using them around the morning newspaper LOL (07/02/2009)

By romena99

A binder clip used as a chip clip
Chip Clip Ideas
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Clothing hanging by clothes pins.
Buying Heavy Duty Clothes Pins
white and red chip clips
Uses For Chip Clips
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
🎉
🎄