Use Dryer Sheets to Keep Mosquitoes Away

To keep bugs and mosquitoes from biting the life out of you, try rubbing yourself with dryer sheets (Bounce, etc.) and see how that works.

By avablue14 from Long Island, NY

Answers:

I don't see how that would work. Fabric sheets have a smell to them. Mosquitoes are drawn to scents that is why if you are going to be outside you should not wear cologne or anything with a scent. (07/10/2009)

By Teresa Kay

In response to Teresa: Actually mosquitoes are not drawn to scent or smells. It's usually our exhalation of carbon dioxide that attracts them in addition to our body heat. They are also attracted to moisture and lactic acid.

I cannot attest to whether dryer sheets work or not, but I've also heard that mouthwash in a spray bottle works as well. (07/10/2009)

By Kelly13

I have read this before and forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. I will be trying this maybe tonight. We sit outside quite a bit with our neighbors. (07/11/2009)

By jmz2005

Use Dryer Sheets to Keep Pests Away
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
🎄