Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

Instead of buying expensive dryer sheets, place a small amount of liquid fabric softener on a clean rag, and place it in the dryer with the wet clothes. Fabric softener is really not very good to put in your washing machine anyway. Clothes come out soft, sweet smelling, and without static cling, and will use much less softener.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

That's a good way to use liquid softener if you use it, but I prefer using the dryer sheets. The cheap store brands work just fine and I cut each sheet into thirds so one sheet is good for 3 loads. (01/13/2009)

By OliveOyl

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

Here is what I do with the liquid fabric softener, I pour out a small amount of the fabric softener into a small bowl and I completely saturate a wash cloth in it and then I wring it out and hang it to dry. I pour the unused fabric softener back in the bottle. I use this wash cloth in the dryer instead of dryer sheets. I make sure the wash cloth is a different color than my other ones so I always know which one is the softener cloth. The one washcloth will work through many loads and it saves a ton of money for me. (01/13/2009)

By binkylou

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

I water my fabric softener down by half and then just put a little on an old facecloth. I've had one container of fabric softener for over a year. Very economical in this day and age and it works. (01/13/2009)

By Connie from Canada

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

i keep store brand fabric softener in a mister bottle watered down just a little bit and mist the inside of the dryer with it. 5-7 shots of it works really well (01/14/2009)

By melody_yesterday

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄