Use Lavender Oil to Repel Mosquitoes

I reside in Naples, Florida where we have many mosquitoes in the summer, during rainy season. I went to the local flea market and bought a $1 bottle of Lavender oil. I have found that putting a few drops on my wrists, neck, ankles, behind the knees keeps the mosquitoes away. I actually see the pesky insects flying around my legs, but they do not land and bite! I have been using this remedy for years and told all my friends, who also use it.

By Tina T. from Naples, FL

Answers:

Use Lavender Oil to Repel Mosquitoes

Thanks for sharing this tip with us. I live in south Georgia and we, too, have a lot of mosquitoes, during the rainy season especially. I will try to find some lavender oil for myself. Thanks for sharing this with us and God bless you. (11/21/2008)

By tedsmom

Use Lavender Oil to Repel Mosquitoes

I hate the idea of putting DEET and other chemicals on my kids' skin so I went looking for natural alternatives. I found a recipe that listed several herbs that are mosquito repellent. I chose lemon balm and lavender and made my own repellent by chopping the herbs, putting them in a plastic jar (cleaned out mayo jar) with apple cider vinegar. I let it soak for a week, shaking the jar once a day, then strained it into a spray bottle. I works (and smells!) great. I have no doubt that lavender oil alone would work if strong enough. (11/21/2008)

By Ashley

Use Lavender Oil to Repel Mosquitoes

Thanks for the tip. I live in Bonita Springs but I work in Naples. Lavender is much more tolerable than OFF spray.
Happy Thanksgiving (11/22/2008)

By Sharon

Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Citronella bucket candle
Using Citronella to Repel Mosquitoes
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Homemade Mint and Geranium Sprays
Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent Sprays
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
🎉
🎄