Use Lemon Juice To Reduce Onion "Tears"

I have found that putting lemon juice on my cutting board before cutting an onion keeps me from tearing up while cutting. Just pour some on the board take your onion, cut in half and make sure to put your newly exposed ends into the lemon juice. Then just cut like you usually would!

By Morgan from Newburg Missouri

Answers:

Use Lemon Juice To Reduce Onion "Tears"

I was watching TV and viewing a cooking channel. He said if you cut the bottom of the onion off first, it releases the gases and 'no more tears", believe me it works! (04/07/2008)

By Louise

Use Lemon Juice To Reduce Onion "Tears"

This is likely going to sound weird, but I haven't had one onion tear since I've had to wear eyeglasses. Wonder if either wearing any safety goggles you may have lying around in your toolshed or a pair of sunglasses would have the same result? (03/20/2010)

By PupperMom

Use Lemon Juice To Reduce Onion "Tears"
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
🎉
🎄