Use Newspaper Plastic Bags for Doggie Doo Bags

I live in an apartment and am required to clean up after my dog. It seemed like I was buying the doggie doo bags all the time. I had run out of the doggie bags, and was looking around for something else to take on our walk. The newspaper was on the rug at the front door and I decided to use the plastic bag it was wrapped in. Ever since then, I am paying $0.75 a week for the paper and the doggie bags.

By Susan from Portage, IN

Answers:

Also save the plastic bags from bread, salad mixes, etc. (02/18/2009)

By MCW

I use the small plastic shopping bags like the ones my son gets videos in at GameStop or the ones that you use for loose produce at the supermarket. They are small enough to be convenient and would be thrown away anyway. To store the bags, I got a thing called a DoggyDispenser from Love-Tags.com. It looks like a stuffed dog and hangs from my back door knob. It holds bunches of bags and is cute. There is also a little dog pouch to carry on our walks that holds just a couple of bags. When I pull out a bag from the thing, Dooley gets so excited because he knows it walk time! Chris (02/18/2009)

By Chris

Yes, those newspaper bags can be used for lots of things, including storage. Some of mine are double in foul weather and are good for transporting liquids and foods that might leak! (02/18/2009)

By pamphyila

They're not free, but not expensive, either. I use the diaper disposal bags from the dollar store. I get one hundred scented bags for a dollar. I figure I can spare a penny a bag for a bag that is just the right size, NEVER has a hole in it, and smells nice, at least until it is used! (02/18/2009)

By Jilson

We don't have a dog or any pets for that matter (just kids!). Anyway, seems there are plenty of plastic bags you could recycle for doggie-do use. Why not use the plastic bags that your groceries are packed in. I think I read once that a good way to pick up the poo is to put your hand in the bag and pick it up (with the bag between the poop and your hand), then turn inside out and the poop is in the bag and never touched your hand. Those kinds of bags are larger but who cares.

I do think it's a great idea that dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs in public. We have a pooper scooper law in our town; however I still occasionally see an irresponsible dog owner letting their dog poop on our lawn and they do nothing about it. (02/19/2009)

By Debbie52

We had a litter born on November 14th of 08 and I had to keep them in the house. I learned real quick that the fold down sandwich bags are the best. You get about 150 for $1.00 at Dollar General and other places. Just put your hand in the bag (like a glove) and pick up, then twist and throw away. I would say ENJOY but we are talking about dog poo (02/19/2009)

By BluHeelerz

I, too, use the bags the newspaper comes in to pick up doggie doo. They are perfect for the job, nice and strong, long and narrow so you can tie the top in a knot after use. (03/24/2009)

By Marfette

I was already using bread bags and the foldover sandwich baggies. Then I started saving used sandwich bags/ziplocs that would be thrown out anyway. I just collect them in a leftover cereal bag held closed with a chip clip.

(03/24/2009)

By Tracey in Jacksonville FL

Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Making Doo Doo Drop Diapers
Making Doo Doo Drop Diapers
Doo Doo Drops Recipes
Doo Doo Drops Recipes
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🎉
🎄