Use "Off" To Remove Permanent Marker

The credit for this tip goes to my 16 year old son, Marc. We gave him a used cell phone and on the face of this cell phone was another person name in black permanent marker (made it hard to see who was calling.) One day while camping, he had applied Deep Woods OFF on his arms, and then his cell phone rang, he wipe off the screen to try to see who was calling and OFF came the name! Please test any area first and wash hands after using.

By joycen from Lockbourne, Ohio

Answers:

Use "Off" To Remove Permanent Marker

WOW! ...Isn't it crazy how we discover things like this! I always knew that stuff was toxic, but now I'm absolutely sure! *grin*

Anyway, thanks for the tip! (08/21/2008)

By Cyinda

Use "Off" To Remove Permanent Marker

Just be careful with strong concentrations of DEET. 7 years ago on a trip to Alask,a I used one of the really strong DEET repellents and it 'ate' the cover on the face of my SWATCH watch. The stuff can ruin plastic. I'd check the display of that cell phone to make sure it's still intact. In short - be careful of the surfaces you use OFF on. (08/21/2008)

By

Use "Off" To Remove Permanent Marker

Something else to try (in a small area first) is waterless hand cleaner. I tried it to get permanent marker off of a white board, and it worked without leaving any damage. Maybe it would also work on cell phone screens? (08/23/2008)

By teachpad

Use "Off" To Remove Permanent Marker

That is so cool! They say things happen for a reason. I'm a firm believer this is true. (09/07/2008)

By GRAMAS12

Use Insect Repellent to Remove Permanent Marker
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
Removing Permanent Marker Off Walls
Removing Permanent Marker from Walls
🎉
🎄