Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

I have always used my pastry blender, a hard wire one, to chop up eggs for egg salad. This Sunday I decided to use it to mash up the yokes for deviled eggs I was making for a church lunch.

It worked very well.

Put the yokes in a bowl and use your pastry blender to chop/mash them. After they are the consistency you like, add your ingredients, mix it together, put the mixture in a zip lock baggie, cut the tip off, and fill the whites.

By Ms April from Michigan

Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

Hi: I love your idea of using the pastry blender but I don't understand this sentence. put the mixture in a zip lock baggie, cut the tip off, and fill the whites Why do you put it in a zip lock baggie and what do you cut the tip off. I know I missing something but can't figure out what it is.

Orva (07/31/2008)

By stainless

Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

Sorry, I just figured it out. You are putting the mixture in the baggie and cutting the tip of the bag and squeezing it into the egg white. Sorry for taking up your time but I will definitely be trying your idea. Orva (07/31/2008)

Use Pastry Blender For Deviled Eggs

I've found the easiest way to make deviled eggs is to just put everything into a large ziploc bag and mix it together that way. You don't have to mash the yolks first or anything else, just throw it all in there together, squeeze the air out of the bag before you close it, and then mash it until it's well blended. Then you just cut one of the corners off the bag and fill your eggs. It saves a lot of time and also eliminates the dirty dishes! (07/31/2008)

By tiffanyau

A Pastry Blender For Chopping Eggs
Homemade Puff Pastry
Homemade Puff Pastry
Gourmet deviled eggs, with a chive garnish.
Deviled Eggs Recipes
Photo of skull deviled eggs.
Halloween Deviled Eggs
Deviled Chicken
Deviled Chicken Recipes