Use Plastic Boxes as Litter Boxes

Our cat Angel tends to miss the mark when using the litter box and will get the floor wet around the box. We've tried litter boxes with covers but she still managed to back up against the entry and urinate out of the box. I finally came up with a new idea that is working very well. We take a medium height plastic storage box and line it with 2 large garbage bags that we duct tape to the box. We have 3 cats and all three seem to be very comfortable with it. The trick is not to get it too high that they have trouble getting in and out.

By Kim from New Prague, MN

Use Plastic Boxes As Litter Boxes

That sounds like a really good idea! Racer (03/08/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Use Plastic Boxes as Litter Boxes

I'm not sure I understand. You then put the litter box in the plastic box? My Tom cat does this too. We tried putting the litter box in a plastic box but it still was happening. I guess we couldn't find one big enough. Good Luck, I hope it works for your Angel. (03/10/2009)

By TC in MO

Use Plastic Boxes as Litter Boxes

That's an excellent idea. I think I am going to do it with Rachel's box (that has a lid) because then the kitty litter on her feet will end up in the extra box instead of on the floor outside the door :-) (03/10/2009)

By Deeli

Use Plastic Boxes as Litter Boxes
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews