Ever have you or one of your family members get a cell phone wet? After my son-in-law left one in a pocket for the 3rd time, ending up in the wash, I figured why not try to remove moisture the way an older Asian lady taught me how she would draw moisture from items. I'd read not to use a blow dryer with heat on the unit as it can cause more damage than help drying the phone out.
I took the phone, battery out, tightly wrapped both separately in two or three layers of a quilted brand of paper towel, put them in a small container, then completely covered with raw rice. Bingo! After two days the rice swelled up, drawing the moisture out of the phone and the battery. A quick charge, the phone worked perfectly again.
I did the same for a friend when she dropped her daughters iPod in the pool. Why not give it a try, much cheaper than going out to buy new ones!
By EM10 from Marco Island, FL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!