Use Salt To Remove Onion Odor

I believe everyone has had this happen. When chopping onions, my hands would have a strong odor of onions for hours, even after repeatedly washing them. The smell would still be there. One Christmas while chopping some onions for the dinner dressing, I told my mother, "My hands are gonna smell like onion all day!" She told me to put my hands over the sink and she poured a small amount of salt into the palm of my hand and she said, "Now rub it in as if you are washing them with the salt." I couldn't believe it, the smell was gone. Works great for garlic too. I wish I would have known this years ago.

By Tena Bean from Champaign, IL

Use Salt To Remove Onion Odor

Rubbing your hand on a stainless steel utensil works like magic too! (03/06/2007)

By michawnpita

Use Salt To Remove Onion Odor

I've heard of rubbing lemon juice on hands. Thanks for the other suggestions! (03/07/2007)

By mikki

Salt in Bowl on White Background
Using Salt
walkin shower drain
Shower Has an Onion Smell
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments