Use Shampoo as Hand Soap Refill

I have an alternative to replace pricey hand wash pumps. I use value supermarket brands of shampoo instead! I buy the cheap shampoos from the supermarket. Store branded hand wash start at about £1 a bottle.

To begin with I was buying 500g Asda value shampoo for 30p until I saw in Tesco that they have a litre bottle of value shampoo for just 40p.

I refilled an old pump dispenser with the shampoo and added a few drops of Tea Tree oil for its antibacterial qualities. A shake and a stir and then it's good to go! I use this to wash my hands so I have a pump by each sink in my home.

On one photograph you can see how much of the shampoo was used to fill up the pump dispenser. My bottle (that was part of a Xmas present) is a standard 300g. So my 40 pence shampoo bottle will refill the bottle well over three times!

I also use the shampoo to hand-wash my special jumpers and on occasion, to wash my smalls.

Top Comment

I bought one bottle of the foaming type of hand soap, and since it was emptied, have filled it with 1/3 hand soap, shampoo, even bubble bath, and 2/3 hot water. Shake well before each use, and you have foam soap. The foaming soap works well, and one refill bottle lasts a lot longer.

I do this as well. I have several shampoos that did not work well with my hair. I also use those shampoos to hand wash delicates.

Wonderful idea, especially with the tea tree oil!