Use Your Broom to Clean The Bathtub

Category Bathroom
A yellow broom with white handle being held by a hand wearing a rubber cleaning glove.
Using a broom to clean your tub eliminates the bending and kneeling associated with more traditional methods. This is a guide about use your broom to clean the bathtub.

A stiff broom with plastic bristles makes a nice tool for cleaning the bathtub without having to bend down. Scouring powder works well with the broom. Of course, if there is an unusual amount of hard water deposit, it may still be necessary to scrape it off with a knife. But for ordinary cleaning, a broom is useful.

Also I have used a sponge mop to clean out my chest freezer after the ice has melted and I have bailed out most of the water with a cut-off plastic milk jug. (To aid in melting the ice I pour some hot tap water down the sides and loosten the ice with my pancake turner.) Using a mop is much easier than trying to reach in with one's arm to wipe out the last of the water.

By Judy from Valley City, ND

Now that I'm an Oldie but Goodie, I have found an easier way to clean the bathtub. After my shower, I lightly sprinkle cleanser in tub. I got a broom from Dollar Tree, wet it and swish it all over, tub and walls. Let it sit for half hour. Then wet the broom and swish again to rinse. I also like to use a soda bottle to rinse tub and walls. When done, I rinse the broom out. Now, that's nice and clean too!

I always use a broom, whenever I wash the bath tub. I sprinkle Comet (or spray scrubbing bubbles, etc.) then sweep all the residue away. The broom not only prevents me from bending to scrub but gets a good cleaning as well. I was helping a friend clean her house one time and asked for the broom to do the bathroom. When I brought it back to her, she was amazed how clean it was and how fast I did the bathroom! I've always used a broom so never thought of it as special until she did!

By Janet from Bangor ME

Answers:

Use Your Broom to Clean The Bathtub

I love this idea! Reminds me that I "Swiffer" my windows, lol! I use a microfibre cloth and go outside and "Swiffer" away! Does a great job!!! Now I can sweep my bathtub, too. Love it, love it! (07/18/2006)

By Luvyabye