Use the Internet to Find Lost Relatives
I found my siblings by googling my maiden name. Two of them had gone onto Facecook and came up in a search I did with Google. Since I have a very rare maiden name, that made it easy.
Even better, Mocavo.com (a genealogical search engine) is now online, specifically made for finding ancestors and missing people. Other sites to try:
- GenesReunited has a missing people branch of their website that is world wide in scope.
- Ancestry.com has free tree search and you might find a genealogy that lists your missing relative.
- Rootsweb.com also has free tree search.
- USGenWeb has volunteers who will check various things if they are able.
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness, aka RAOGK, is now on Facebook, and has many volunteers available for look-ups.
Source: 25 years of my own genealogical research and study of the web.
By Cornelia from OR
Add your voice to the conversation.