Uses For Single Socks

Uses For Single Socks

A couple more uses for those single socks. Cut the cuff section plus 3 inches or so and slip it cuff end up over the top of dish detergent bottles. Keeps wet hands from dropping the bottle and catches drips. Just throw it in the wash now and then.

Another use has served me well with all the time on the computer the skin on my wrist has gotten very sore. I cut the cuff plus the heel off, then cut a hole for my thumb out of the heel, slipped it over my thumb cuff first and wrist and viola no more sore wrist.

I also use the toe end for a cozie on bottles or cans. My sister even sewed lace to the top of a black sock.

For years I have put that last small bit of bath soap in the toe end of a sock, now I am using both ends.

Source: Necessity is the mother of all inventions someone said!

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Answers:

Uses For Single Socks

They also made great rags to stick your hand in and wash your vehicles, use when filling your gas tank (throw it away or keep it for next time, wash and reuse it). Storing winter onions in, just hang from a nail and drop in the onions. Sock puppets are super fun to make with the kids. Mittens in an emergency box in the trunk of your car. Storing marbles or other small toys and extension cords. (12/13/2009)

By latrtatr

Uses For Single Socks

Really good ideas! However, personally I would not use around a dish soap bottle. The thought of having just washed poultry or fish then picking the bottle up to wash my hands and possible bacteria growing on the fabric before the next hand washing kind of creeps me out :-( The thought of even picking up the bottle at all bothered me enough a long time ago that I use a pump dispenser and use my wrist to dispense the soap. (12/13/2009)

By Deeli

Uses For Single Socks

All 3 of you have some wonderful ideas! Thank you all for sharing them and have a very Merry CHRISTmas!

God Bless, Sheila in Springfield, IL (12/13/2009)

By GrammySheila

One on the soap bottle? No.I'm with Deeli on this. My kitchen has those taps that I can knock on with my arm as well.Everything else - great.

Marg from England.

Uses for Unmatched Socks, Small Pile of Unmatched Socks
Uses for Unmatched Socks
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
sock snowman
Uses for Old Socks
🎉
🎄