Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses for Banana Peels

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Banana Peel

Banana peels have many uses around the house, in addition to their usefulness in the garden, from cleaning to home remedies. This is a guide about uses for banana peels.

Solutions: Uses for Banana Peels

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Banana Peels for Removing Warts

My son had a wart and a friend told me to put a banana peel over it and cover with bandage. I did and it was gone in a week. A friend also uses them to whiten her teeth. She rubs the inside of peel all over her teeth leaves on for ten minutes and then brushes them.

By Coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Tip: Banana Peels for Cleaning Shoes

My oldest son being flat footed and my middle son being a toe walker, their shoes get more scuffed than a normal very active boy. They also attend a private Christian school where there is a uniform policy. With mornings being extremely crazy anyway, I certainly do not have time to buff or polish shoes. This is particularly true, especially since we spend a big part of each morning looking for them, saving time is a must!

I had tried many different things, but I always was running late, with a job looking halfway finished for each boys shoes. My mom had told me a suggestion a long time ago which I thought was nuts. One morning being extremely rushed, all I had time to fix for breakfast along with making two lunches was cereal with banana. I remembered my mom's idea. I grabbed the banana peel and got to work, rubbing the inside of the peel on the outside of each pair of shoes. I grabbed a dishcloth and buffed it off. Amazingly the scuffs, dirt, and questionable marks were gone.

Now I had to admit to my mom she was once again right! Laughing she said, her grandmother had told her this when I started walking. She went on to say, that while her grandmother was at the salon getting her hair set, she had read it in a magazine. Bananas are not only a fast meal, they can also clean your shoes in a second. Try it, your mother may have known this also.

By Mistie from Baton Rouge, LA

Tip: Cleaning and Polishing Leather with Banana Peels

Stop buying leather/shoe polish. To clean, buff or moisturize leather/pleather/vinyl or any shiny outerwear use a banana peel. Simply rub the inside of a banana peel over the item to be cleaned and buff with a soft cloth.

I have done this to my husband's motorcycle gear and it takes off dust, dead bugs, and buffs out small scuffs and scratches. I have also used it on kids shoes, purses, suitcases etc. It does work and no messy polish it deal with. I have heard that it works with potato peels too but have not tried that yet.

By Princesshammerhead from Saskatchewan, Canada

Tip: Use Banana Peel as a Fire Ant Remedy

Fire ants! How I hate the buggers! I found if you immediately rub the inside of a banana peel on the bites, they won't form the little pustules or even itch! This has worked every time, even on my grandbaby!

By Linda from Saratoga, AR

Tip: Banana Peel for Headache

To get rid of a headache, place half of a banana peel across your forehead/temples and the other half, press against the back of your neck. Lay back and relax and watch your headache disappear!

By Sheri S. from Macomb, MI

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Uses for Banana Peels.

Question: How Can I Make Paper from Banana Peels?

How do I make a sheet of paper using banana peel?

By gherrae

Most Recent Answer

02/19/2011

Banana paper is made from the stalks and leaves of the banana plant. If you want to make it from banana peels, you would probably have to dry out the peels first. Here are instructions for making banana paper using stalks and leaves.
http://www.ehow.com/how_6464815_make-banana-paper.html

Question: How to Use Banana Peelings as Floor Wax

What are the ingredients and procedures to use banana peelings as a floor wax?

By Gimar from Cagayan de Oro, Philippines

Question: Using Banana Peels

What are some uses for banana peels?

By mmcostello from CA

Most Recent Answer

By Linda M. [2]02/12/2010

Wow, this is so interesting! I love the info we can get here. I'm so glad for this site.