Browsing: Uses for Banana Peels

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Banana Peels

Banana peels have many uses around the house, in addition to their usefulness in the garden, from cleaning to home remedies. This is a guide about uses for banana peels.

Banana Peel
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 20, 2012 Flag

My son had a wart and a friend told me to put a banana peel over it and cover with bandage. I did and it was gone in a week. A friend also uses them to whiten her teeth. She rubs the inside of peel all over her teeth leaves on for ten minutes and then brushes them.

By Coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

September 16, 2011 Flag

With mornings being extremely crazy, I certainly do not have time to buff or polish shoes. This is particularly true, especially since we spend a big part of each morning looking for them, saving time is a must!

August 11, 2009 Flag

What are some uses for banana peels?

By mmcostello from CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Every time you eat a banana, leave its peel out to dry overnight. Rub the inside of the peel against the surface of leather. Follow up and buff and polish leather with the outside of the peel.

The banana peel contains 30 to 40 percent tannin, the stuff used in leather cleaning products. When dried, the peel makes a natural leather cleaner. The outside of the peel contains wax, so it gives the leather a shiny topcoat.

From the book "Urawaza," by Lisa Katayama

Urawaza is a Japanese word for household tips and tricks.

FIRE ANTS! Rub the inside of a banana peel on the bites -- stops the burning, stops the itching, and the little blisters will not form. You will not know you got into those sorry suckers!

Yes, rose bushes, just bury then in the soil around the base. I would think the whole garden could use them. Just make sure it's completely covered, the dirt and watering will break it down.

Add them to your compost pile. Worms love bananas and/or banana peels, and they aerate the soil and provide wonderful castings that plants love. You'll be surprised how wonderfully your garden responds.

Wow, this is so interesting! I love the info we can get here. I'm so glad for this site.

May 12, 2008 Flag

Stop buying leather/shoe polish. To clean, buff or moisturize leather/pleather/vinyl or any shiny outerwear use a banana peel. Simply rub the inside of a banana peel over the item to be cleaned and buff with a soft cloth.

I have done this to my husband's motorcycle gear and it takes off dust, dead bugs, and buffs out small scuffs and scratches. I have also used it on kids shoes, purses, suitcases etc. It does work and no messy polish it deal with. I have heard that it works with potato peels too but have not tried that yet.

By Princesshammerhead from Saskatchewan, Canada

February 9, 2006 Flag

To get rid of a headache, place half of a banana peel across your forehead/temples and the other half, press against the back of your neck. Lay back and relax and watch your headache disappear!

By Sheri S. from Macomb, MI

June 8, 2008 Flag

Fire ants! How I hate the buggers! I found if you immediately rub the inside of a banana peel on the bites, they won't form the little pustules or even itch! This has worked every time, even on my grandbaby!

February 18, 2011 Flag

How do I make a sheet of paper using banana peel?

By gherrae

Banana paper is made from the stalks and leaves of the banana plant. If you want to make it from banana peels, you would probably have to dry out the peels first. Here are instructions for making banana paper using stalks and leaves.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6464815_make-banana-paper.html

January 16, 2014 Flag

This guide is about garden uses for banana peels. Besides being a good addition to the compost pile, these peelings can be an excellent fertilizer for some plants.

A yellow banana peel.

January 26, 2010 Flag

How do I make a shoe shine from banana peel?

By Kevin

November 26, 2009 Flag

What are the ingredients and procedures to use banana peelings as a floor wax?

By Gimar from Cagayan de Oro, Philippines

Better Living Green Living AdviceDecember 21, 2013
Lemon Peel
Uses for Citrus Peels
Peeling a potato.
Uses for Potato Peels
Composting Citrus Peels
Composting Citrus Peels
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 14, 2016 at 10:26:03 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.