Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Uses for Banana Peels

0EmailFollowSave
Banana Peel

Banana peels have many uses around the house, in addition to their usefulness in the garden, from cleaning to home remedies. This is a guide about uses for banana peels.

Solutions: Uses for Banana Peels

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Banana Peels for Removing Warts

My son had a wart and a friend told me to put a banana peel over it and cover with bandage. I did and it was gone in a week. A friend also uses them to whiten her teeth. She rubs the inside of peel all over her teeth leaves on for ten minutes and then brushes them.

By Coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Banana Peels for Cleaning Shoes

With mornings being extremely crazy, I certainly do not have time to buff or polish shoes. This is particularly true, especially since we spend a big part of each morning looking for them, saving time is a must!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Cleaning and Polishing Leather with Banana Peels

Stop buying leather/shoe polish. To clean, buff or moisturize leather/pleather/vinyl or any shiny outerwear use a banana peel. Simply rub the inside of a banana peel over the item to be cleaned and buff with a soft cloth.

I have done this to my husband's motorcycle gear and it takes off dust, dead bugs, and buffs out small scuffs and scratches. I have also used it on kids shoes, purses, suitcases etc. It does work and no messy polish it deal with. I have heard that it works with potato peels too but have not tried that yet.

By Princesshammerhead from Saskatchewan, Canada

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Use Banana Peel as a Fire Ant Remedy

Fire ants! How I hate the buggers! I found if you immediately rub the inside of a banana peel on the bites, they won't form the little pustules or even itch! This has worked every time, even on my grandbaby!

By Linda from Saratoga, AR

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Banana Peel for Headache

To get rid of a headache, place half of a banana peel across your forehead/temples and the other half, press against the back of your neck. Lay back and relax and watch your headache disappear!

By Sheri S. from Macomb, MI

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Uses for Banana Peels.

Question: Using Banana Peels

What are some uses for banana peels?

By mmcostello from CA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Linda M. 3 20 02/12/2010 Flag

Wow, this is so interesting! I love the info we can get here. I'm so glad for this site.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: How Can I Make Paper from Banana Peels?

How do I make a sheet of paper using banana peel?

By gherrae

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

02/19/2011 Flag

Banana paper is made from the stalks and leaves of the banana plant. If you want to make it from banana peels, you would probably have to dry out the peels first. Here are instructions for making banana paper using stalks and leaves.
http://www.ehow.com/how_6464815_make-banana-paper.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Banana Peel Shoe Shine

How do I make a shoe shine from banana peel?

By Kevin

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Question: How to Use Banana Peelings as Floor Wax

What are the ingredients and procedures to use banana peelings as a floor wax?

By Gimar from Cagayan de Oro, Philippines

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No