Uses for Butcher Paper

Butcher Paper Rolls
Butcher paper is not just for wrapping meat, there are many other ways you can use this versatile product. This is a guide about uses for butcher paper.

Did you know you can cook just about anything and ease clean up with butcher paper? Use it in the oven to cook bacon, bread, chicken, or your favorites and the ease of cleanup will amaze you. Excellent item to have around as you can also craft with it.

By Glenda from VA

If you cannot paint your walls (renting, etc.), and are tired of that same, dreary color, use butcher paper to add some color to your home. The butcher paper I mean is the kind on a roll. I bought a roll from www.uline.com, but you may find another place or use something else. Get some paints, preferably watercolors, brushes, a drop cloth, and lath (long thin slats of wood found in most hardware stores).

Using several sheets of butcher paper at the desired length, nail the paper between the lath and the wall. You can paint the paper, and when you get tired of that one, just rip it off and start over!

Also helps cure cabin fever.

Source: My husband and I.

By Davidicdancer from Spokane, WA

This is a guide about using butcher paper for gift wrap. Butcher paper makes simple classic looking gift wrap and is easy to decorate if you want a more personalized style.

A gift wrapped in butcher paper.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have an idea where I could buy regular butcher paper?

Mary from Newark, California

Answers

Restaurant supply stores that are open to the public carry regular butcher paper in my area (PA), so you could check there.

Souds silly but if you have a local butcher, stop in and ask where they get their paper or if you could buy a roll from them.

Do you have a Sam's Club where you are? You might try there.

Anonymous

Talk to the butcher at your market. They might sell you some and maybe even give it to you if you're not asking for a lot ;-)

In school and in church ( children's) we use what we call butcher paper. It comes in huge rolls of all colors. If you want to buy it by the yard or whatever you can probably go to a school supply store like "Lakeshore" or "Learning is fun".'

I have bought several rolls from Office Depot, and Michael's Craft store. We used this for creating Project timelines and Objective Milestones. The rolls were approximatly 36" wide X 290' long.

If you are talking about just regular white paper that you use to cover meats. It is paper on one side and slick on the other. You can get that at Food Lion or Wal-Mart. It is Reynolds Freezer paper. It is with the other wraps and zip-lock bags. I use it mainly to cover the deer meat my husband gets when he hunts, but have also used it for hamburger and chicken.

I am very lucky to have a butcher that will sell me the paper. He will get his large roll down to a size good for me, then I get it, usually is enough for at least 3 - 6 months. Since I buy most of my meat from him many times he does not charge me anything. The other paper I love to use is parchment paper. Here in Canada you can buy it at most $ Stores in packages that have pre-cut sheets the size of a cookie tray. My husband tends to use the pre-cut pieces when cooking rather than take the time to cut from the roll. It is wonderful not to have any clean up other than throw out the paper!

Butcher paper and Freezer paper are not the same thing! Butcher paper can be bleached or non bleached. There is no plastic coating on one side. Freezer paper is bleached and has plastic coating on one side. You can put butcher paper in oven. Parchment paper is better for this. You do not want to use Freezer in cooking.