Uses for Cooking Tongs

Category Reusing
Uses for Cooking Tongs
There are some alternative uses you can put your tongs to rather just having them lie about waiting for the next barbecue or other cooking need. This is a guide about uses for cooking tongs.

I do a lot of sewing and quilting. I realized one day that my long barbecue tongs weren't getting used for cooking, so I brought it into my sewing room. I attached a glue on magnet strip to one side and it is perfect for picking up scraps, retrieving things that slip behind my sewing machine cabinet, grabbing something that is out of my reach, and the magnet helps to pick up pins, etc. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

By Marlene from Larimore, ND

Cooking tongs are useful for grabbing items out of reach - boxes on a high shelf or something on a bottom shelf. No need to grab a chair or kneel on the floor. If you don't have long handled tongs, buy some soon. They come in very handy.

Source: Started using them a few years ago when I was too lazy to grab a step stool.

By Diane from Ukiah, CA

I have a reacher/grabber that I used to retrieve things from the floor or that was out of my reach, but it is limited in the things I can use it for. For example, if an item is heavy or large, the grabber doesn't do a very good job. I hit on the idea of using long metal BBQ tongs. It really grabs what I need and I can keep it right by my chair. There is a metal thingy that holds it shut when not in use.

The lemon is bigger than your hands. This means you don't have enough force to squeeze it with your bare little hands. The simplest way is to cut it into half and find a juicer. When don't have one, find a food tong and clip one half of lemon. Hold the tong on both ends and press in full force to release the lemon juice inside.