Uses for DVD Media Cases

Category Reusing
DVD Media Case on White Background
You can end up with extra DVD cases when you have an alternate storage method. This guide is about uses for DVD media cases.

Use an old CD case as a child's colouring case. Just decorate it and make a little pocket inside with either paper or fabric to hold pencils or markers. You can also turn one into a make-up case to hold liners, lip gloss, and mascara. I know we usually have a lot of these cases laying around. They make great storage for small items. Label the case and store on a book shelf.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Use DVD cases as photo frames. We travel a lot; therefore, we keep all our DVD's in a little zip around case. The cases fit a 5x7 wonderfully.

By Tracy from Roy, UT

Decorating a discarded DVD and its case is a fun way to make a unique card for Valentine's Day. This is a guide about DVD case Valentine's Day card.

DVD Case Valentine's Day Card

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Any ideas for alternate uses for DVD cases?

Erin from Atlanta, GA

I googled crafts using DVD cases and found this site. scrapjazz.com

She had lots of cute ideas.

As we continually send photos to others over the internet, it's hard to keep the originals all straight. I like to keep like subjects in them and label them, putting them in a nice basket. They stay dust free, and I don't have to look through boxes of them. They are also nice if you have to ship photos, cd's, small plaques, etc.

Makes a pretty good frame for a picture at work.

http://familycr  _Case_Crafts.htm

I have this creative mind that causes me to see all kinds of possibilities for what someone else might think is trash. You know those CD and DVD holders? Well, they make great picture frames! Just open your CD and take out the papers in it. You have to pry one side of it to get the paper out but if you are careful it can be done without damaging the holder. Just put your picture in and close. Walla! You now have a frame that is simple and you can make a great arrangement of them on your walls.

The DVD is very simple, you take out the picture on outside of DVD and put your picture in. No glass to break either. Another idea with the DVD is that you could hide something inside like money or special momentoes that go with picture, etc. To put on wall, you could use those little sticky glues you get in the craft departments. They come on a roll of paper and are just dots of glue (like hot glue). You could add magnets to the back like I did and put them on the fridge. The CD and DVD holders are so light that it doesn't take much for them to stick to the wall. If you have any questions, just email me. Have fun!

By Priscilla from Inverness, Florida

Answers:

CD or DVD Cases for Photos

What a great idea! I have tons of pics and want to make a large wall coverd with photos, but we are moving in 3 years so I didn't want to put holes in the wall and buy the frames. These i can use the putty or tack for posters and with 5 teenagers i m always trying to decide what to do with all those cases, plus I can change the photos as soon as new ones arrive...how wonderful! Thank You! (05/07/2007)

By susan

CD or DVD Cases for Photos

Thanks, I am definitely going to try this
(05/09/2007)

By Janet from Toronto

CD or DVD Cases for Photos

Great idea, I never could figure out what to do with all of those empty 'containers' plus I love pictures, so this will definitely come in handy. Thanks for the wonderful tip!
Have a BLESSED day! (05/10/2007)

By Cindy