Uses for Dog Food Bags

What are good uses for the bags that dog food comes in?

Answers:

Dog Food Bags for Trash

Use empty dog food bags as trash bags to save on trash bags. (02/28/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Dog Food Bags

I use my empty dog food bags to hold weeds, sticks, and cuttings from the yard. The sticks, vines, etc. don't poke through like they do with plastic. (02/28/2005)

By debbie e

Uses for Dog Food Bags

I save all my newspapers for a friend who shreds them to use for pet bedding. I just poke them in the empty dog food bags and when it is full, I take them to her. Also use them when cleaning out manure from under my rabbit cages. Gardening friends are always happy to receive a bag for composting and fertilizing their garden. (02/28/2005)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Uses for Dog Food Bags

We use our dog and cat food bags for recycling cardboard and newspaper. The whole thing goes in the same place! (02/28/2005)

By Wynd

Uses for Dog Food Bags

1) You could line a dog house with empty dog food bags as insulation. There is little danger of fire.
2) You could use a bag in your trunk to store tire chains and stuff until next winter.
3) You could tear out the inside paper liner of the bag and mulch it with Earth for shrubs and your plants.
4) You could put a few of those bags folded up in your trunk for when you go bank fishing to keep from getting too muddy sitting on the ground.
5) You could also use them if you need to get on the ground to change a tire. (Keep your pants cleaner.) (02/28/2005)

By Mr. Thrifty

Uses for Dog Food Bags

I use them to put the end products of dog food in. I pick up the stool and put in the bag with the top rolled down until garbage day. It keeps the smell down and no leaks, it's hard to tear as well. Works for cat litter too. (02/28/2005)

By Susan from Hamilton

Uses for Dog Food Bags

I would say some good uses would be to use the bag for yard clean up to include weeds, dog poop, limbs and branches, and rocks. Also, you could use it to put grass in if you bag your grass when you mow. (03/01/2005)

By acope

Uses for Dog Food Bags

I remember my mother used to store her yarn in these years ago. She never had a moth problem and the yarn really did not pick up the "dog food smell" either. (03/11/2005)

By michelle h

Uses for Dog Food Bags

We use the 50# bags that wild bird food comes in to take firewood to friends for their outdoor fire pits. It sure helps with loading and unloading. (03/14/2005)

By badwater

Uses for Dog Food Bags

All the purchased pet food bags have a plastic inner lining; there are now pet food bags that are all plastic. These make great 'pads' on which to place newspaper if you're house-training a puppy. It also works well underneath the kitty litter box.

When you clean out your refrigerator you could use them, because they're thick and hold liquids and odors. They're easy to staple shut to keep items inside securely. They make great bags into which to toss the stuff from the kitty litter box or pet accident clean up anywhere in the house.

They're great for de-cluttering little stuff you'd rather a 'dumpster diver' didn't touch.

Although noisy, they'd be great use underneath a sick patient or child growing up, as a barrier between bed and person to keep the mattress dry. (05/06/2005)

By gator10tx

Uses for Dog Food Bags

They make really good trash bags. Especially if you buy the larger bags. (06/16/2009)

By BenjiTheKid

Uses for Dog Food Bags

I really enjoy all of these ideas. I have made tote bags out of Tidy Cat plastic bags. I also use pet food bags for disposal of litter. They are great for fridge cleaning. (09/08/2009)

By captarlo

Reusing Pet Food Bags
Reusing Pet Food Bags
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Dog Food Bag Rug
Making a Dog Food Bag Rug
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
Craft Organizer From Dog Food Bag
Making an Organizer from Pet Food Bags
🎉
🎄