Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

Tips for reusing those plastic containers that tic tac breath mints come in.

Other Small Candy:

Refill them with cinnamon hearts or other small candies that will fit; much cheaper than buying new containers. Bags of candies can fill a heap of these containers!

By Syd

Travel Containers:

Make travel size containers for these items:
  • Bobby pins, hair pins and hair clips.
  • Travel case for aspirin, Tylenol, etc. (Be sure to label the container).
  • Tooth picks.
  • Small sewing kit

By Syd

Cocoa Powder:

Back in grade school I used to put cocoa powder in an empty tic tac box for my plain milk. This was before they brought us chocolate milk in the carton!

By melody_yesterday

Sewing Kit:

You could use one to make a little homemade sewing kit. Use a wooden match stick to wrap several colors of thread.

By melody_yesterday

Medication:

Keep your medication in one. It could be handy if you have more than one persons meds to deal with.

By melody_yesterday

Diving Blocks:

Fill them with little rocks and wrap them in electrical tape. These can then be used for diving blocks at the swimming pool.

By Anna

Carrying Your Sweetener:

For anyone who uses a sugar substitute like Splenda or Sweet and Low, putting some in one of these containers is handy when you are somewhere that doesn't have any sugar substitute available.

By maggiemay

Seashells and Pebbles:

I have always found a need for storing small seashells and pretty little pebbles. If you are a collector of these items they make great storage solutions.

By may-fairy

Small Snowglobe:

You could fill them up with water, food coloring, a little veggie oil, glitter and a small toy for little snow globe.

By may-fairy

Tree Decorations:

You can wrap them like presents for Christmas tree decorations.

By may-fairy

Travel Containers:

You can fill them with shampoo and soap for traveling

By may-fairy

Salt and Pepper:

They work for salt and pepper for picnics.

By may-fairy

Seeds:

Save seeds in them from the garden.

By may-fairy

Small Scrapbooking Supplies:

Try using these for brads, eyelets, small buttons, etc for scrapbooking. Nice because if you are going to a crop, you can take just the embellishments you need. - I don't even like tic tacs, but I buy them just so I can have the containers! Maybe someday I will find a place I can buy just the containers. :)

By Amber

Toy "Radios:"

My brother and I used to use leftover tic-tac containers by wrapping them up in electrical tape and we would open the flap and pretend we were cops and they were our "radios."

I will always remember that!

By Madison

Holding Small Items:

You can use them to hold seed, beads, and little parts that might otherwise get lost 'in the shuffle.' A tiny slip of paper tucked in can list what the 'somethings' are so you won't forget.

In some WalMart Supercenter's craft section you can buy the Tic-Tac containers in packs of eight.

By gator10tx

For Your Workshop:

Save Tic Tac and other breath mint containers and use them to store small items in the shop. Tic Tac containers are especially handy because they are clear so you can see what's inside them.

By Fisher

Feel free to post your ideas below.

Answers:

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

I love...just love this website. There are so many SMART people out there! Thank you. (07/10/2006)

By Sharon

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

When I was little I used to keep a tic-tac container or two full of tap water every night on the shelf at the head of my bunk-bed so I wouldn't have to climb down half-asleep if I were thirsty in the middle of the night. :) (07/10/2006)

By Pauly-Wauly

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

These are good ideas. However, in our state, if you are in a vehicle carrying prescription drugs in containers other than the original bottle, you can be arrested for transporting drugs. Possibly, acetaminophen or ibuprofen could be carried in pocket or purse using tic-tac containers. (07/11/2006)

By AnnMel

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

Here are a few more reuses for those Tic Tac containers.

1- Use in fishing tackle box for different size split shot sinkers or small plastic minnows
2- How about a BB or pellet ammunition box
3- Collect water for testing
4- Use to store small shirt buttons
5- The world's smallest ant farm, or to display small dead insects
6- A noise maker or rattle
7- Have a lot of them and make a building block set, either decorate, paint, or glue letters and numbers on all the sides
8- Filling them with different colored sands of fish bowl gravel for display or small sand art works
9- To store your children's baby teeth or lock of hair
10- A place to create and research food molds or possibly a fungus.

Tic-Tac anyone? (07/11/2006)

By Mr. Thrifty

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

What about storing small sewing supplies? As a seamstress with my own business, I find a lot of things that need to be stored together: sewing machine needles, buttons, fasteners of all sorts, snaps, hook and eye, ribbons, for carrying a measuring tape, pins, or swatches in your bag,

And LOL at Mr Thrifty and his fungus comment! (07/11/2006)

By smcarney

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

Spices for camping. (08/26/2006)

By afellin

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

Use it as a mini sea monkey aquarium. =D (03/13/2007)

By nick

Uses for Empty Tic Tac Containers

You could use it for an iPod shuffle. (02/19/2008)

By Maxwell

Tic Tac Container
Uses for Tic Tac Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
black board with pink markers
Making a Tic Tac Toe Board
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🎄